No announcement yet.

Hats Off to...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a young lad working at our place on a government scheme on minimum wage on a short term contract. He's doing the same job as others on far more money, and making a better job of it.

There's just no justice sometimes!
    Last edited by Snadger; 18-08-2010, 05:33 PM.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Oh Lizzie, as you say it must be so soul destroying. I wish I could say/do something to help. It wasnt until last week I realised that the "recession" as they call it is far from over. There are no jobs available round here in Preston.
      All I can say is, don't give up, you know what skills you have, keep on applying for jobs, something WILL turn up. Think I may be repeating myself here, what about voluntary jobs, or even temporary jobs - I did temping in the 1980s and ended up with a permanent job which lasted 10 years. If you need a natter, now that Ive got mesen back on here, just PM me.
      Take care chuck
      Love Bernie x
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

[QUOTE=lizzylemon;731651I've been 'brave' and asked for constructive feedback[/QUOTE]

Good move chuck. At least then you will know if/where/when (and I dont think you are) going wrong. Be positive thats the main thing. Build on any comments you get. For your application forms, always tailor them for the job concerned. Bernie, shuts up. I know you must know this already.
        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by lizzylemon View Post
          Great idea........except I've just done that for the last year and it hasn't ended well. I went to work on Saturday as normal, all good. I got to work Tuesday;

"Go home Liz, I've got no money to pay you any more"

Didn't ring me to save the petrol and then had the cheek to email the next week asking for adhoc hours to be his book keeper. I didn't think it was a good idea for the person he's just laid off to book keep for him, bless, so I didn't bother replying.

(Actually my computer got broke when the firemen put me out after spontaneously combusting so I couldn't email back)
          Obviously someone who doesnt give a damn (Im being polite here). Inspite of everything, tell him youve got something better to do.
          Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X