Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    OK, none taken!

As for parsnips. You need to narrow your search down a bit. Go on Advanced Search, click TITLES (not posts).
    Type parsnips in the box. You will then only get threads that have 'parsnips' as the title.

You can narrow your search down further if you want. Use the + button: type in 'parsnips + germinate' for instance, or maybe 'parsnips + wine'
    See I knew you would be along to explain you have before but I wasnt listening by the way I dont need parsnip wine recipe just used it as an example

Thanks TS

Note to self hit the reply button before exit then wait.
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
      You and me both Snadge - typical!
      And me, no excuse for me though

Comment

Have to admit I'm one of the few who use it as a nearly totally sociable forum at the moment. my 2 remaining chooks are good and personal circumstances mean I currently have no veggie patch, time or ability to get out very much so the chat stuff is more important to me than the rest but only for the time being. It's been a life line at times and it's amazing the help and perspective that's available.

Having said that, if any of my circumstances change and settle down, I'll start checking out the other threads as and when I need.

Comment

Originally posted by lizzylemon View Post
          . It's been a life line at times and it's amazing the help and perspective that's available.
          Same here. I'm currently getting free online counselling and marriage guidance
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I have been growing veggies for a long time but have learned more in the short time I;ve been reading this forum than I had ever done before.

People are helpful and friendly and we all ask stupid questions at some time!

I told my dad about growing in Morrisons buckets after reading it on here. He's 90 and had thought he couldn;t grow veggies anymore, now has beans, strawberries , spinach and spuds coming on nicely. Keep drivelling on I say

Comment

Originally posted by hamsterqueen View Post
              .. He's 90 and had thought he couldn;t grow veggies anymore, now has beans, strawberries , spinach and spuds coming on nicely.
              awww well done you - how lovely for him
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

invaluable (free) job seeking advice (and encourgement too), sadly too late for marriage guidance but plenty of shoulders offered for support. Been better than the majority of my 'real' friends sadly!

Comment

Originally posted by lizzylemon View Post
                  Been better than the majority of my 'real' friends sadly!
                  Same here. Friends & family don't really want to get involved.
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Sorry - real friends? What are they then?
                    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Due to multiple changes of location my 'real' friends are scattered to the 4 corners of the universe, so nowadays I consider you lot to be my friends and I tell you things that are going on. You are the best friends ever. I have had so much support and advice on job loss, family death, pet death, moving house, property purchase, teenager issues, etc. etc.
                      Yes and gardening advice too.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

I have meandered through quite a few gardnening forums as I am sure many other grapes have & must say that there is nothing out there that can touch the vine.
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Much easier, and also cathartic, to put things in writing (ok, typing) than to have to find the right way to put it into speech. And, not being face to face with a person also makes it easier to 'talk' about a problem.

On here, there isn't just one councillor but loads, so you get a variety of advice as the subject is read by so many who can see it from every angle.

Jules
                          Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                            Same here. I'm currently getting free online counselling and marriage guidance
                            Isn't relate about £50 an hour these days - God help you if everybody sends you and invoice!

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                            Much easier, and also cathartic, to put things in writing (ok, typing) than to have to find the right way to put it into speech. And, not being face to face with a person also makes it easier to 'talk' about a problem.
                            To be honest I wouldn't want to put most of my personal stuff on an open forum as you never know who reads it and if I couldn't speak to the person directly then I wouldn't want them to find out via here but I know for some people it works well - horses for courses and all that.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Can I add "counsellor" to my CV?
                              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                                Can I add "counsellor" to my CV?
                                Don't see why not, it's closer to reality than some of the ones we get at work

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X