No announcement yet.

Repeat postings?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do have two ears, two eyes and only one mouth. I'm born to be a counsellor!
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
      Sorry - real friends? What are they then?
      Missing in action?

AWOL?

Done a bunk?

Not as good as the humble grape?

Need I go on

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
        I have meandered through quite a few gardnening forums as I am sure many other grapes have & must say that there is nothing out there that can touch the vine.
        Awwww...giz a hug sweetie!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I haven't logged on for a while due to the good gardening weather, World Cup/Wimbledon watching & not feeling very sociable & it seems I've missed all the fun!
          I know people can get fed up answering the same questions all the time & the search facility is very useful but I also think it might put some new members off if they come on & ask a question & are just told to 'search' instead of getting a direct answer. There are a lot of people out there who struggle with computers too & are unsure how to navigate the forum & don't notice things like the 'FAQ' section which can help them. As Sewer Rat says I've also been on here since I could only type with one finger (it's 2 now!) & it can take a while to get up to speed.
          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

As a "newbie" (only a couple of months old) I read almost every forum, its so interesting and yes maybe I'm sad but one day I may want to keep chickens; I used to make my own wine and beer, won a few trophies too; do a lot of cooking so the recipes will come in useful when I get the eagerly anticipated (first) glut of veg and fruit, the signs are looking good at the moment; I could go on but may only bore you all. I think this is a fabulous site, so much information is available from so many different people. I hope it doesn't change.
            Built for comfort, not speed!

Comment

Originally posted by hamsterhead View Post
              I used to make my own wine and beer, won a few trophies too; do a lot of cooking so the recipes will come in useful when I get the eagerly anticipated (first) glut of veg and fruit, the signs are looking good at the moment
              You'll be in demand to post the recipes too

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I like answering newbie questions [if I can that is], makes me feel like I actually know something, when in reality, I know nothing, zip, nada....

Comment

and I have reared children, kept chickens, got a garden, grown flowers and veg all my life but would never ever deem to think I know much about any of them. Trial and error every time. Ecstatic at success but keep quiet about failures....

Comment

Well i love it, a life experiance and some really nice people.

Binley really does Know best!
                    G4-Meteorological mastermind! Stone/String it's all covered!
                    Jeanied- Makes your day complete!!
                    PB- Masteress of Pumpkins!

I Don't Know who Dave is...But he's one cool Dude!
                    I Once was a Tuber but with a little practice!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                      Isn't relate about £50 an hour these days
                      Yes it is, and very useful it was for a month or two. I went alone though ...
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                        Yes it is, and very useful it was for a month or two. I went alone though ...
                        Hey if it worked for you then it's money well spent but even better is free advice off friends (if you've got the right sort of friends anyway)

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
                          and I have reared children, kept chickens, got a garden, grown flowers and veg all my life but would never ever deem to think I know much about any of them. Trial and error every time. Ecstatic at success but keep quiet about failures....

Me too - I second all that!
                          My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Typica, I can't use my pooter for a few days and miss all the excitement so who got banned now? Please someone let me know and save me trawling through the whole vine.

Hi SR, nice to see you again - how's the family doing?
                            Happy Gardening,
                            Shirley

Comment

Well I luvs it 'ere.

As some of you are bored of hearing about, I work away from home for half the year, often with very difficult clients, and the Vine gives me the chance to spout off to people who speak the same language as me.
                              It is a gardening site, and its taught me tons, from novice gardener 3 years ago to novice gardener today but knowing much more than I did then.
                              Tbh, I tend to use the Vine as my social life when I'm away in work, and when I'm home I use it almost never in spring and summer, as I may be gardening, and a bit more in winter when its not a gardening time of year, but I always know I can pop on and find "stuff" to read and discuss.
                              Having read the recent thread and subsequent banning, I had my suspicions from the first post, and I'm sure that person will do the same thing again, but the vast majority of posts and posters on here appear to be genuine decent people.

I'm not as venerable as Sewer Rat, but I've been here a little while, and (sadly for you lot) have no intentions of disappearing off.
                              Bob Leponge
                              Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Well, I class myself as a 'newbie' even though when I just looked, I realised I have been a member since last September. I originally came on here as I was looking for a few answers about keeping chooks, and Mrs TK was looking for recipes.
                                I do enjoy reading the chat threads, but try not to get too involved or I would be on here 24/7.
                                I log on every morning with my early coffee to see the latest snippets, and add the odd bit of advice on some greenhouse crops. Athough, I do try to realise that we are all growing under different conditions. So I hope people will not think I am trying to teach them how to suck eggs, and that I am just giving my opinion from how I see it based on my own experiences.

This forum is very friendly, has enfused me into starting a blog, made me try different crops and techniques with great advice from certain people. I could name a few but I am sure you all know who you are!

It may seem to some 'old hands' that the same old questions are poping up all the time, but that shows we are getting new members too, and I remember the first day that I logged on it was like an encyclopedia of advice and I didn't know where to start first.

All I can add is 'keep up the good work' mods and members as this really is a nice informative community to be part of.

Mr TK
                                Mr TK's blog:
                                http://mr-tomato-king.blogspot.com/
                                2nd Jan early tomato sowing.

Video build your own Poly-tunnel

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X