Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Read This Months Prospect Magazine?

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by General Woundwort View Post
    I have said at several points that that wasn't what I found delicious: instead it was someone who, according to the created wordscene at least, had previously thought the world was there to entertain her finding out that it wasn't.

I also have admitted I phrased it badly, but I gotta ask... did you remonstrate with the telly when Blackadder would beat-up Baldrick?
    You can say it as much as you want; but first impressions are the ones that count.

What's it got to do with you what I did whilst watching Blackadder? Why are you being so personal?

What's your actual point again?

Comment

I've read the artcile and the attached blog..
      Anyone who writes in support of people who support a convicted criminal murdering people is not worth reading.
      And any publication which goes near publishing it is not worthy of support.

The General is a very effective troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post

I have a tied dyed dress,
        ...and you have the cheek to call me a hippy?!
        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

and if ponds can come onto allotments, why not hives? Seriously.
          Goodness, you're right! Bees! Who would want those evil little pollinating, honey making beasts

I was feeling part of the scenery
          I walked right out of the machinery
          My heart going boom boom boom
          "Hey" he said "Grab your things
          I've come to take you home."

Comment

Originally posted by Madasafish View Post

The General is a very effective troll.
            I don't know...most trolls actually stick to their argument...I'd say very ineffective....

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
              ...and you have the cheek to call me a hippy?!
              Rumbled Pots and kettles

If I remember rightly General Woundwort was the most unpleasant of rabbits who ran a warren based on fear and control, and was generally a bit nasty...............play nice GW or we will confine you to your burrow
              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

You can say it as much as you want; but first impressions are the ones that count.
                You're not one for redemption then? I withdrew the remark {relatively} quickly. Have you never made intemperate comments which are misheard across the Internet, or got off on the wrong foot IRL?

I am aware that I'm a n00b and - like the newstarts I bemoaned on the allotments trying to impose their ways - I am low on the pecking-order, but if apologies ain't accepted, what's the point in making them?

What's it got to do with you what I did whilst watching Blackadder? Why are you being so personal?
                Because comedy often involves inappropriate or absurd situations which we'd be aghast at IRL. If anyone machine-gunned my garden ornaments, I'd be furious. I laughed when it happened to Victor Meldrew, though.

What's your actual point again?
                A lot besides one sentence in the original article.

Comment

You're not one for redemption then? I withdrew the remark {relatively} quickly. Have you never made intemperate comments which are misheard across the Internet, or got off on the wrong foot IRL?
                  It matters not what I think - I'm just trying to tell you why you might not be getting along favourably with some people on this forum.

People will hold their cursor over the title of the thread, read the first part of the thread; and either click on the thread or not. They may or may not read and absorb the rest of your comments, but they sure as heck will read the first!

I suspect many will just leave wondering how they can answer without getting themselves banned.

Anyway - I am off now to sow some seeds.

Comment

So - this fish pond, got anything decent in it?
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

Holes apparently..
                      Bob Leponge
                      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                        So - this fish pond, got anything decent in it?
                        Hopefully not this fella:

BBC News - Surrey schoolboy catches 5lb goldfish in Dorset lake
                        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Erm; I appreciate the comment on my blog GW; but it weren't me.

I was sowing spring cabbages and potting on Echiums and one of Bob Sherman's Chilli peppers.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X