books you should read before you die?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books to read to bring back wonderful childhood memories -
    the wind in the willows, ( I'll never forget my big sister reading the "Dolce Domen" chapter to me when I was about 6!)
    Winnie the Pooh and, most especially (please read it if you never have), Toomai of the elephants by Rudyard Kipling. If you don't cry at the end, you have a heart of stone!

Comment

I very rarely read books more than once, they have to be incredibly special, but there was one from my childhood that I read myriad times.
      Now, my childhood was a long long time ago, I cant remember the author, and not even sure I can remember the title properly, but I think it was called "Mystery at St Kits" about a school called St Christophers.
      D'ya know, I cant even remember the story line it was that long ago, vague memories of cricket, a girl and a horse and other stuff, but I know that I was absolutely captivated by it.
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Children's books....well that's a whole other kettle of fish

One of my most favourite things in the world is/was reading a bedtime story to my kids. I have a whole collection of books that I have kept that I have read to all of them,and it grows yearly.
        Last edited by northepaul; 18-07-2010, 09:35 AM.

Comment

I love the Dr. Suess books- Cat in The Hat etc. They are brilliant to read out loud and can't wait to read them to first grandchild coming along.
          Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X