Royal Mail/Post Office are rubbish.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
    I am missing a parcel sent to me a couple of weeks back. Must go and bend the ears of our local PO staff (who are mostly pretty good, but.....) Then there are the letters delivered to the right number, in the wrong road....... We get plenty for other nearby roads. No idea how many of ours they get!
    Hmm maybe the posties cant read english ?

I had the side of my house( for 9 years) used by the post office as a drop off point as it was a safe place to leave the bags of mail for the postie to pick up. I found out 5 years ago that they should pay you for it, maybe 20 quid a year ( not much, but even so ! ) I called into, phoned, wrote to the sorting office etc etc for the last 4 years and no answer so told them to shove their b****y red elastic bands left everywhere and if they left the bags there one more time I would dump them on the A34

Job done
    You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
      the PO gets a handling charge for parcels that are paid for over the counter, but not if the postage is bought on-line.
      that's right, and why they get grumpy sending your parcels if you've printed your own postage. It takes just as long to queue anyway, so I don't bother.

It's the queues that do my head in. 20+ people at a time isn't unusual, you can waste half an hour easy. Our local branches have closed down, so all the OAPs use the main one in town now. I know they aren't all on computers and don't like using ATMs, and like to have cash not cards, and like to have a chat with a real live person, but I wish they'd NOT DO IT AT LUNCHTIME

Red rubber bands get collected up and posted back in the red pillar boxes
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

We have a FAB lady at our post office; I was in one day when she got a letter from the guvs congratulating her on the fact that she processes 3 counties worth of mail just through her village post office.

I asked her if this was linked to a bonus and we both rolled eyes.

She is FAB - she lets people leave their post there and when it is quiet she'll do the stamps thing and they pay the next day [TRUST - IN THIS DAY AND AGE??? ], and they don't moan about the people parking outside, and is just such a lovely lady who deserves the Post Office Customer Service Award of the Decade...it is totally obvious when she is on hols or on her morning off; so much so that if there are no cars parked outside then she is usually not in herself. People don't mind queuing as she is worth queuing for.

People deliberately drive out of Derby through our village just to use our post office....can't fault her at all.

Once it is out of her hands; well, that's another matter.
        Last edited by zazen999; 10-06-2010, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
          Very useful to bounce around as a stress-buster!
          How ironic that the PO are sending stressbusters........
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Trouble is, her opening hours are so erratic - I can't chance getting there after work. If I organise the postage online - I know I can get it posted in time. If I leave it to try and get to her after leaving the office - it's hit and miss.

I know someone who does quite a bit of sending stuff (ebay seller) and he goes to the next village, or surrounding villages just to avoid our PO lady.
            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
              ...or surrounding villages just to avoid our PO lady.
              Aye, I know it well.

The PO in Benson (next door to where I used to be) was like something out of Royston Vasey - I always drove to the nearest town, thereby encountering traffic, parking charges etc - but it was worth it to miss the RV PO
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

Ah, but the Bad Customer Service award still goes to the average Doctor's Receptionist right?
                Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                Snadger - Director of Poetry
                RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Well I haven't received a phone bill now for 6 years. The problem comes when my payment is late. As far as BT are concerned none receipt of bill is not an excuse for not paying it. I ask "How can I know how much is outstanding if I don't get the bill?" and again I get the none receipt......

I won a computer a few years back on a dutch auction on eBay. As there were 10 of us we kept in touch to see that they arrived. They were sent by recorded tracked mail. It entered the main delivery office which I can see from my flat, and promptly got lost. This was a couple of months before a large number of people were fired from their for theft. Mine was the only one not to arrive, the others got theirs within a few days.

In chasing this up they stuck to their guns of it getting lost. How I understand how cards, letters etc can fall behind or under things, not a computer however. How do you loose a bloody great big PC that is packaged and insulated against damage?
                  Last edited by Guttata; 10-06-2010, 08:54 AM.

Comment

The last couple of year have been good with the Royal Mail touch wood. But a couple of years ago my neighbour was getting our mail, she is friendly neighbour but anyway I had recently setup a new bank account and my bank card, pin number, etc was going to my next door neighbour. I was a bit p**sed of at the time seening as it was important mail i was receiving at the time so luckly I had a good next door neighbour who brought it round to us it carried on for at 2 weeks. That's my bad experience

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
                      Ah, but the Bad Customer Service award still goes to the average Doctor's Receptionist right?
                      Ours are pretty good actually. Outstanding when you place them next to RM and our local PO lady.
                      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by Guttata View Post
                        Well I haven't received a phone bill now for 6 years. The problem comes when my payment is late. As far as BT are concerned none receipt of bill is not an excuse for not paying it. I ask "How can I know how much is outstanding if I don't get the bill?" and again I get the none receipt......

I won a computer a few years back on a dutch auction on eBay. As there were 10 of us we kept in touch to see that they arrived. They were sent by recorded tracked mail. It entered the main delivery office which I can see from my flat, and promptly got lost. This was a couple of months before a large number of people were fired from their for theft. Mine was the only one not to arrive, the others got theirs within a few days.

In chasing this up they stuck to their guns of it getting lost. How I understand how cards, letters etc can fall behind or under things, not a computer however. How do you loose a bloody great big PC that is packaged and insulated against damage?
                        I get my BT bill by email these days; haven't had a written bill in yonks...

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                          We have a FAB lady at our post office; I was in one day when she got a letter from the guvs congratulating her on the fact that she processes 3 counties worth of mail just through her village post office.

I asked her if this was linked to a bonus and we both rolled eyes.

She is FAB - she lets people leave their post there and when it is quiet she'll do the stamps thing and they pay the next day [TRUST - IN THIS DAY AND AGE??? ], and they don't moan about the people parking outside, and is just such a lovely lady who deserves the Post Office Customer Service Award of the Decade...it is totally obvious when she is on hols or on her morning off; so much so that if there are no cars parked outside then she is usually not in herself. People don't mind queuing as she is worth queuing for.

People deliberately drive out of Derby through our village just to use our post office....can't fault her at all.

Once it is out of her hands; well, that's another matter.
                          I have to say, my village post office is the same, they do stuff on trust (but they know your name and where you live) and they are open longer hours than any other post office i know. There FAB, and i use them as much as i can (and there is parking outside the front door

Comment

It is with a certain amount of happiness that I can relate that if I need to use La Poste at home I just walk down to my local bar with my letters or parcels. Brilliant.
                            Bob Leponge
                            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

i worked for the post office for 12 years and im still in therapy it amazed me how anything got to where it should leaving was the best thing i ever didi smile ever day since i left
                              Last edited by always digging; 11-06-2010, 03:11 PM.

Comment

I like the Post Office. Good deliveries - well mostly .. and free rubber bands.. and a smile.

As the lady said at 9am when she delivered me a parcel .. "you are going to keep bees now? Save some honey for me"...

Buzz...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X