X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaroltheCarrot View Post
    Scotland
    Cold. Snow. Midges.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
      Promoting their Urban Chickens website I think....
      You're not the only one with that Vibe.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        Cold. Snow. Midges.
        Not cold today 12 degrees positively tropical,snow is still on cairgorms ,good for skiing, midges- dont wear perfume. I dont have choice I live here

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
          You're not the only one with that Vibe.
          Not quite sure what you are on about there? I advertise in the magazine? I run a small Online poultry communtiy and hold Poultry Auction

Looks like my girlfriend and i are now going to go camping, possibly new forest. I think longleat have a camping site there though if anyone has been?

Anyone been to the New Forest?
          Last edited by Urban Chickens; 04-06-2010, 07:00 PM.
          My contribution to the poultry world Urban Chickens

Comment

Well, we have the misfortune to have the idiots' funfair in the village (Alton Towers). Get some local residents' tickets, so could do you a couple (when I get round to applying for them). But its not a day out I would recommend.

But if you are in the area you will be in the vicinity of Bakewell, Buxton, Matlock and Ashbourne and the Derbyshire Peaks. Chatsworth House is worth a look, but probably not the entrance fee. The Farm Shop I manage to spend a few quid. Meatwise, wonderful local produce.

valmarg

Comment

We've just spent a pleasant 2 days cycling (20m a day) around our local area: back lanes, country roads & plenty of real ale pubs. Bootiful
              Last edited by Two_Sheds; 06-06-2010, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Chickens View Post
                Not quite sure what you are on about there? I advertise in the magazine? I run a small Online poultry communtiy and hold Poultry Auction

Looks like my girlfriend and i are now going to go camping, possibly new forest. I think longleat have a camping site there though if anyone has been?

Anyone been to the New Forest?
                Did stay in a beautiful campsite there once, very close to the little town/village of Lyndhurst.
                It was little, with few amenities (no shower block, but loos at least if I remember rightly)
                But in the morning and during the day, the ponies would be wandering round the site when they came out of the forest. I'll consult my camping guide book and see if I can find a name/number.

http://www.forestholidays.co.uk/camp...tley_wood.aspx

think this is the one, it also had a gorgeous little stream running through the site, about knee deep but plenty of peeps splashing about and sunbathing near it.
                Last edited by kirsty b; 04-06-2010, 08:06 PM.
                Kirsty b xx

Comment

I will let you all know what we decide in the end, but now look like the weather will not be great next week
                  My contribution to the poultry world Urban Chickens

Comment

just come back from a couple of days in alnwick,northumberland,bamburgh castle,howick gardens and of course alnwick castle & gardens,all great and found great b&b called alnwick lodge,converted farmhouse,chooks running round the yard,really enjoyed it..

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Chickens View Post
                      Looks like my girlfriend and i are now going to go camping, possibly new forest.
                      have a look on here afore you go

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X