No announcement yet.

Places to go?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also the penines are lovely to walk in...very dramatic scenery....

Comment

I have always loved Cornwall, north Cornwall is great! You have Bodmin Mores, can prob still go horse riding there, have not done that in a few years! lol Once there the rest of cornwall is yours to explore! You have Tintagel castle ruins to walk around and beautiful beaches like perranporth, or the beaches and more lively settings in Newkey. There are Cider farmes to visit and quaint little pubs, great places to eat. Then there is always the Poldark Tin Mines to visit,
      Poldark Mine :: Cornish Mining :: Ghost Tours :: Mine Tour

Not to forget the Eden Project http://http://www.edenproject.com/

If you go at the right time of year and like men in uniform lol and big noisy airoplaines? There is always the big forces base you can go for an air show RNSA Culdrose. I think they send the search and rescue choppers from there as well http://http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/o...-air-day-2010/

If you like the air show type thing but you go at different time of year to the culdrose shows,then there is always a stop off on your way there or home, at the Fleet Air Museum in yeovil Somerset! Flying arm of the Royal Navy, see and learn about helicopters, aircraft- Fleet Air Arm Museum
      I stoped off there with my friend last time I went to cornwall he had once said he wanted to see concorde so I told him there was one at the Fleet museum, instead of spending what I thought would be a couple of hours there, we spent several, we even got a private guided tour of the whole place had things pointed out that we would otherwise have missed. Having left Essex in the early hours of the morning, for the long drive to perranporth and making great time as far as somerset. Bang went my plans for getting to cornwall in time for breakfast! yeah right, time we finnished in the museum, It was more like early evening when we got to our B&B None the less dont get me wrong I love that museum, it was a great visit!
      Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

If you go to Northern Ireland visit the Ulster Folk and Transport museum. You will need at least a day(and a fair bit of energy!) to take it all in. It's worth a flight to Belfast just for that!

Comment

South Wales, absolutely brilliant. Lots to do, places to go, fab beaches, fab pubs and food. Lovely people. Angelsey also really lovely too.
          Last edited by miffy; 28-05-2010, 07:37 PM.
          When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Burgh Island - The Great Escape

Perfect for a lazy weekend for two !

Comment

Jamaica's lovely!
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Don't bother coming to the fens, there's not much to do here

Comment

I'd love to visit Eden Project,I had a look and there's more attractions not too far-Lost Gardens of Heligan(if somebody's been there could you please write a few words) and Owl Sanctuary is somewhere nearby.

I live in northern Scotland-I've never been to the East Coast (yet),we always go to the West Coast.B**ger the midgies,the scenery is worth much more.Imagine having a whole beach just for yourself,local food is melting in the mouth,if not just plain beauty of bread and butter.

Sorry,maybe I'm a minimalist when it comes to holidays(we always go camping)but you don't have to go far to discover beauty spots and it makes you appreciate more the stuff being taken for granted everyday
                  Last edited by coreopsis; 28-05-2010, 10:22 PM.

Comment

What about The Yorkshire Coast, there's Bempton Cliffs, which have the biggest breading colony of sea bird's that you will ever see in one place.

The RSPB: Bempton Cliffs

There's Whitby Abbey, which is a British Heritage Site, it also has strong link's to "Bram Stokers Dracula", also Goathland where they film the T.V program "Heartbeat".

Whitby Abbey | English Heritage

Goathland - Heartbeat
                    Last edited by ginger ninger; 06-06-2010, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Hmm - what are you both interested in Urban Chickens? That may make a difference to the recommendations!
                      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                        Hmm - what are you both interested in Urban Chickens? That may make a difference to the recommendations!
                        Promoting their Urban Chickens website I think....

Comment

Originally posted by coreopsis View Post
                          I'd love to visit Eden Project,I had a look and there's more attractions not too far-Lost Gardens of Heligan(if somebody's been there could you please write a few words) and Owl Sanctuary is somewhere nearby.
                          Heligan is SO MUCH better than Eden; Eden is a nice project but Heligan knocks your socks off.

Comment

Northumberland! Fabulous castles - too many to name - Hadrian's Wall, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, fantastic scenery and coastline.

Comment

Agree with Zazen totally, if I had to choose one of the 2, Helligan every time. Fantastic.

If you can find them that is!
                              Bob Leponge
                              Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Scotland nuff said

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X