bright light in the west

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lindyloo View Post
    it was here earlier on tonight, but our light has dissapeared again ( now 11:00) . and not truly convinced it is venus.
    As the earth rotates the sky view will change, that's why the sun rises and sets. Same thing happens with the planets and stars.
    Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

but not in an hour! plus, at 12:30 ish, it was there again, with a second light nearer to the grond and more western.

Comment

Originally posted by lindyloo View Post
        but not in an hour! plus, at 12:30 ish, it was there again, with a second light nearer to the grond and more western.
        Yes, we rotate at 30km/s, things move across the sky quite fast. If you look at a star through a telescope it will move out of the field of view in seconds. The lights that appeared later are more stars as they rise above the horizon.
        Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

lol- you must think i am an idiot, caspid! i do realize that the earth moves, and that stars rise above the horizon! dont think i agree that it is as simple as that. in this instance, i have watched this light over a long period of time, monthes- and it is ussually in the same place. i am not often here at sunset, but always here later on, and so i know where it is as a ussual place and time. i think it was here last summer as well, and then i didnt notice it for a while til a few monthes ago. i am sure there is an explanation. and i dont think it is a ufo- although i am sure they exist

Comment

Yay Lindyloo - I once sat on the beach, after dark, at Harlech and watched 18 ufos go over. And it didn't have anything to do with the cheese and pickle cobs we were eating, or the cider we were drinking at the time!
            We took consolation in the fact that they definitely weren't after us!
            Last edited by Jeanied; 23-05-2010, 03:10 PM.
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

If I see a bright light I usually assume it's Venus as it's the most obvious planet in the sky. I have seen the space station a couple of times too but that's generally moving across the sky when you see it.
              A couple of times recently we've been driving home at night & seen bright lights in the sky & wondered what they were until on closer inspection they proved to be chinese lanterns! They're becoming very common nowadays.
              Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X