No announcement yet.

Emergency Food - need Help !

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, Flum would eat them all. Besides, I wouldn't compare beans to the invasive rampantness of raspberries
    EDIT that was in response to womble's post, I am not suggesting that Flummery likes scavenging garlic seeds.
    Last edited by Shadylane; 10-05-2010, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by newmannewy View Post
      hi folks,

right im a fully paid up member of end of the fincnaical world scenario. I 100% believe that our economy is over. Capitalism is dead and all were seeing now is the slow collapse of what Maggie Thatcher started, ie. privatisation and de-industrialization..

Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

regards
      newy

[I fully understand ppls views etc on the collapse, so please dont fill the board with posts about it'l never happen etc as ive heard it all before ]

You sound like a friend of mines sister, who was saying the same thing in the late 80's and was all set to run away to snowdonia and live in a cave.
      She's currently a midwife in cardiff, so guess she doesn't think it happened after all.

rhubarb....

Comment

ok so i got,

fruit trees
        fruit bushes
        perrenial herbs.
        Jerusalem artichokes
        Rhubarb

-- hmm guess it wil have to do. Bit of rabbit, odd bird and rats if it comes too it. I hear they taste like chicken...

i got like 3000 pellets i think i need more..

Anyone who thinks growing there own veg will suffice, doesnt understand how crazy its going to get. And the fact that our fellow humans will eat all we got str8 out the garden. Have a read what happened in Argentina.. and whats starting in Greece now, and whats going to Spain & portugal soon and then UK, USA , rest of world. Its going to be a shocker. WW3 as written by Albert Pike http://www.threeworldwars.com/albert-pike.htm

If u dont know what happened in Argentina ill give u a heads up. They were eating ppl's pets fightin over them in the street.
        Last edited by newmannewy; 10-05-2010, 10:53 PM.
        My little site

Comment

Originally posted by newmannewy View Post
          -- hmm guess it wil have to do. Bit of rabbit, odd bird and rats if it comes too it. I hear they taste like chicken...
          In the words of Kermit
          "If it tastes like chicken, then eat chicken!"
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Our distant relatives used to get along well with the hunter gatherer way of life.

There is plenty out there, you just need to be hungry enough to go looking.

I am sure there must be a book or 2 in the library on edible naturalised foods.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHillGardener View Post
              Originally Posted by newmannewy
              ...I also do plan on hunter gathering (air rifle)...

why not?
              Because we don't need some prat with an air gun wounding / killing animals!
              As far as I know, you don't need to shoot mushrooms......
              Last edited by Patchninja; 11-05-2010, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Patchninja View Post
                Because we don't need some prat with an air gun wounding / killing animals!
                As far as I know, you don't need to shoot mushrooms......
                But we're talking about the breaking down of world order, not next Tuesday.

An air rifle will be about as much use in this scenario as a chocolate tea pot. You don't need a gun against small animals, traps are much easier, you need a large one against 2 legged large animals.
                In fact you need at least 2 guns, a shotgun and a rifle. Even then you have to sleep and are much better off in a decent small, close, farming village.
                "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Learn to fish.
                  Grow spuds cos you NEVER get them all up.
                  Rhubarb, chard, asparagus (hopefully world order wont break down in the next 3 years though) as much soft fruit as you can think of, mint, wild chives, wild garlic and get some chickens.

Then build 10ft tall barricades with as much barbed wire as you can fit on the top, move the biggest meanest friends you've got in with you, as much medical equipment as you can get, as many tins as you can fit into your ranch and pray that Armegeddon never comes cos it will be unpleasant.
                  Bob Leponge
                  Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Reading between the lines it seems to survive on your own will be all but impossible. What you need is an honest to goodness CULT put an ad on facebook. If your lucky some members may have a allotment, field small or an arsonel of weapons. If things don't work out preach the end is nigh and have mass suicide.

Sorry Mod not saying its the best way forward but desperate times and all that. :O)
                    Growing vegetables and flowers to share.
                    www.takeoneseed.wordpress.com

Comment

I've got a brilliant idea, lets make a GYO forum conclave.

We can have a secret base somewhere, preferably on someone here's heavily fenced land. Then we all pool our knowledge, guns, livestock, seeds, wives and live happily ever after.

I think it could work.

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post

We can have a secret base somewhere, preferably on someone here's heavily fenced land. Then we all pool our knowledge, guns, livestock, seeds, wives and live happily ever after.

I think it could work.
                        We're having a practice run on August Bank Holiday Weekend...it's called Grape Stock .

I've only one thing to say to newmannewy...GET A GRIP MAN

Comment

I think it could work.
                          I hope you're not suggesting a wife share there Womble
                          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                            I hope you're not suggesting a wife share there Womble
                            Err, I did slip it into the manifesto, I thought you might not notice

Comment

I think that’s what grapestock is. Prey you’ve got your name down on the list. On grapestock day I will be hanging around the perimeter hoping they'll throw over some pea seeds.
                              Last edited by SarzWix; 11-05-2010, 01:35 PM.
                              Growing vegetables and flowers to share.
                              www.takeoneseed.wordpress.com

Comment

Womble said "Then we all pool our knowledge, guns, livestock, seeds, wives and live happily ever after."

I'll trade you one wife for a tractor and half an acre...

If you seriously believe the world as we know it is coming to an end, you need a farm out in the boondocks, a water supply, one easily blocked access road, about 100 people with housing to match, razor wire, ground to air missiles (for helicopter led invasions), anti tank missiles (for ground led invasions), a castle, several hundred barns, a river a large generator, a school..

Anyone got £10 million?
                                Last edited by Madasafish; 11-05-2010, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X