Emergency Food - need Help !

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
    I wouldn't bother mate. If things are that dire, you may as well just eat Macky Dees for the rest of your short life, it won't make that much difference!
    if its a meat crop your after, feed on the neighbours who have fattened them selves up on the Macky dees, hunting them won't be a problem as they won't run very fast, you can track them down by following the food wrappers and slaughtering them won't be a problem just hide around a corner and shout boo, they will keel over quicker than a fainting goat with coronary, remember to allow your neighbours to roam freely as they might taste better free range
    If you prefer a vegetable fed neighbour you will have your work cut out for you, they can not be tracked so easily, the only exeption is veggies fed on Cabbage then just follow the odour, typically even a veggie burger won't tempt a vetetarian into a trap, you could go for the slightly slower veggie they typically can be located in trendy coffee shops telling their friends they are vegetarians but they do eat Chicken and/or fish. my recommendation would be look for the corn fed ones as the taste will be better, they take longer to fatten but but it will be worth the wait
    Thought For The Day
    If a plum tomato breaks the law when it’s young
    Would it’s criminal past ketchup with it later?

Comment

I imagine the effort you put in will show in the result that you achieve.

Comment

If there is a crash like you say, we have 9billion people on the planet and natural resources - sans tractors and fertilisers - can support about 2 billion.Tops

The population of the UK currently 65 million will go back to the Middle Ages of about 6-8 million.
        So buy a shotgun , loads of medical drugs, organise your friends, buy a castle and set up as a medieval robber baron.

Of course, you will die aged on average at about 45 due to plague, or typhus, or dysentery - or cutting your finger with a knife and dying from the resulting untreated infection...
        Last edited by Madasafish; 08-05-2010, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Madasafish View Post

Of course, you will die aged on average at about 45 due to plague, or typhus, or dysentery - or cutting your finger with a knife and dying from the resulting untreated infection...
          But at least you will have radishes to eat
          "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

viva the radish!!!

I would also like to point out the slower smoked variety of vegetarian i can't comment on taste but with the summer solstice on its way it is a great time to stock up.
            Growing vegetables and flowers to share.
            www.takeoneseed.wordpress.com

Comment

Great suggestions people.. Keep them coming if other ppl have any..

I am growing in my own garden but i do not have enough room.. I also do plan on hunter gathering (air rifle). And have got a few books on wild plants etc..

I think were in such a mess financially its beyond most peoples comprehension. And ppl are not aware of how much trouble we really are in. I'll give you all a little hint.. The 2008 crash happened because we had a crisis in the mortgaged backed securities, all to do with regular housing, and totalled around 20 trillion worldwide. There is a 700 Trillion blackhole of commercial realestate just waiting to collapse.. The way banks operate and the money supply is expanded in conjunction with the fractional reserve ratio of 10:1 means the world is in more debt than it can ever repay. Which is ludicrios in the extreeme. We are all perpetual debt slaves to private bankers..
              if u want to know more just google and watch. "money as debt" or "money masters".

Anyway thanks for the help.. more suggestions welcome
              My little site

Comment

Originally posted by Madasafish View Post
                If there is a crash like you say, we have 9billion people on the planet and natural resources - sans tractors and fertilisers - can support about 2 billion.Tops

The population of the UK currently 65 million will go back to the Middle Ages of about 6-8 million.
                So buy a shotgun , loads of medical drugs, organise your friends, buy a castle and set up as a medieval robber baron.

In addition to the above, read this book:
                Madrapour: Amazon.co.uk: Robert Merle, Anna Mudry: Books

You will starve to death before your seeds will bring you enough fruits. Your garden will be enough to keep a hamster happy, but not you. Think more like full allotment size.
                Oh, and get a high security fencing to protect you from all the scavengers.
                http://onegardenersadventures.blogspot.com/ updated 10-03-2010 with homebrew pics & allotment pics

Comment

I've often wondered about the possibility of planting plugs of climbing beans in a hedgerow and going back to collect them in due course. I doubt many people would have the confidence to pick them - especially with a purple podded variety! I'm talking about country lanes here though.
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by newmannewy View Post
                    I also do plan on hunter gathering (air rifle).

Anyway thanks for the help.. more suggestions welcome
                    PLEASE DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                      I've often wondered about the possibility of planting plugs of climbing beans in a hedgerow and going back to collect them in due course. I doubt many people would have the confidence to pick them - especially with a purple podded variety! I'm talking about country lanes here though.
                      Hang on, I got soundly thrashed for suggesting the planting of raspberries in woodland.
                      I think purple climbing beans may not be native British plants.

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Originally Posted by newmannewy
                        ...I also do plan on hunter gathering (air rifle)...

Originally posted by Patchninja View Post
                        PLEASE DON'T!
                        why not?

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post
                          Hang on, I got soundly thrashed for suggesting the planting of raspberries in woodland.
                          Did you? I didn't spot that No need to plant them in the woodland here - the birds who've been pinching them from the allotments have 'planted' them...

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post
                            I think purple climbing beans may not be native British plants.
                            No, but they aren't perennial either (not here, anyway) so not a permanent planting.
                            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                              No, but they aren't perennial either (not here, anyway) so not a permanent planting.
                              What about all the seeds that will grow next year then Some would survive.

Maybe

Comment

Rightly or wrongly I 'accidently' scattered some wild garlic seeds in some disused woodlands nearby....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X