Kitchen village/tefal actifry

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Guttata

Right...Tefal have emailed me back saying that I can contact Britcom in Birmingham for a repair,and they are surprised that my black model broke as it is the newest one with motor and air inlet modifications! (I take that as they knew the older ones had problems!)
    I don't want a repair I want my money back...so for now I am still waiting to hear from Kitchenvillage,shall send them another email this afternoon if I haven't heard from them and a written letter with the details sales of goods act 1979 in (highlighting the acts they are breaking!)

Comment

Update-despite many emails and a letter I have not heard a thing off kitchen village...so I sent the Tefal Actifry for repair on Monday came back today....it works,it also isn't mine! they said it looks different due to modifications made...but I know it isn't mine,there are marks on it,mine had none as it was only used twice,also I noted the serial number down and it is not the same...
      Have had enough now,after reading all the horror stories about Tefal Actifry's catching fire etc I don't want to use it! so although I didn't get my money back and I now have a machine that I don't want or trust,I hope I have made people aware of the problems they may encounter if they buy one...save your money...and do NOT shop with kitchen village!!!
      It saves a lot of stress and bother!

Comment

Actifry's should be called InActifry!

I too have been a great fan until ours decided to stop turning. Murphys law it is 1 month out of warranty. The thing stops turning even with just a dozen chips in it, or 3 - 4 sausages. Used to handle heaps more than that. I've checked the web re this fault and it seems to be quite common. I contacted Tefal and their response was 'sorry, it's out of warranty'. We didn't use ours that much 1 - 2 times a fortnight so I would have expected to last longer than it did. Very dissappointed with Tefal and intend to take it further under Sale of Goods Act as it should be able to work more than 30 - 40 times.

Comment

Its so frustrating isn't it! I wish you luck,its terrible that you've got to resort to having to use the sales of goods act,you'd think that they would want to help if only for their reputation.
          This was the advice Tefal gave me when my first one broke

1. You could return your product to your point of purchase as your contract of sale remains with the retailer - this can be a debit or credit card statement detailing the amount paid to the retailer if you do not have the formal proof of purchase..

2. You could contact any local electrical repair agent or telephone 0845 725 8588 and speak to our authorised service dealer.

3. If neither of the above two options are convenient to you, we would be happy for you to contact us again to discuss the possibility fo offering you a new product at a reduced price - this is generally a discount of around 30% off the recommended retail price of any replacement you choose and if you would like to discuss this please contact us on 0845 6021454.

Have you got the reciept? try the sales of goods act with the retailer (they should be your first point of contact,they should deal with the manufacturer,you shouldn't have too) You might get lucky with them...print out the sales of goods act and take it with you

[ARCHIVED CONTENT] Sale of Goods Act Fact Sheet - BIS

Good luck,let us know how you get on

(just thought I'd mention since mine was fixed and returned to me...It hasn't been used,I dont trust it anymore...and I will never buy a Tefal product again! ...also Kitchen Village have never got back to me!)
          Last edited by swansea girl; 07-08-2010, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X