wierd/wonderful deterrants

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wierd/wonderful deterrants

Following on from the "no flies on us" post (hope you dont mind) it got me thinking. What wierd and wonderful detterrants do we all know of to get rid of all those pesky critters we all have (ants/flies/spiders etc etc)

I know of rosemary chucked in the coal of a bbq can help keep mozzys away, citronella burnt outside can help with flies, citronella rubbed on the walls can stop spiders from making webs. My dad reckons with ants put talcum powder in a circle round a plate of jam or something sweet and sugary gets rid of them.
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Lemon geranium to get rid of cats from the windowsills-they HATE the smell
    Gorse or holy cuttings to keep cats away from freshly raked beds.
    For flies-venus flytrap works a treat for me-as for spiders my slippers come very handy or rolled newspaper

Comment

I noticed a section on this on the Vegan Society website the other day...just happened to be doing some reading up and noticed it....

Humane wildlife deterrence - The Vegan Society

I'd like to know a way of getting the squirrels to stop coming...my fault for attracting them in the first place with a bird feeder...but I want to put Tumbling Toms in a hanging basket on my fence but I think the squirrel will get them before I do....!!

Comment

Basil by an open window keeps flies away
        Elsie

Comment

Put holly in with your spring bulbs to deter squirrels and other bulb munching critters. Not sure if it works
          Growing vegetables and flowers to share.
          www.takeoneseed.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X