No announcement yet.

A Grape on TV

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved the prog. SS - what a star! So sorted with bottling and storing the harvest in the soil etc. Excellent.
    What did you all think of the 3 sisters bed? Three plants that look after each other. I loved the way the beans climbed up the corn and the squashes were covering the ground underneath. I would really like to emulate this growing system as I thought it was a good use of space. Has anyone actually tried and what were the results like? I will def be giving it a go this year.

Comment

Madderbat, Supersprout was on just before I posted. Her name begins with 'S', she has short dark hair and wears glasses.
      [

Comment

Darn, I missed it!! Had to work til 8pm in Congleton, 35 miles from home, and tho I am fairly quick at getting home tonight was a nightmare, M6 was slow going and on the roads from Lymn to Partington I got stuck behind someone determined to do 25mph all the way! Will deffo catch it on Monday, the TV is already set up with a reminder!
        Blessings
        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
        Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
        Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
        On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

I tried the 3 Sisters last year. It would've been great if my sweetcorn had actually grown. It didn't, so I ended up with horizontal beans, which the slugs ate
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
            Darn, I missed it!! Had to work til 8pm in Congleton, 35 miles from home, and tho I am fairly quick at getting home tonight was a nightmare, M6 was slow going and on the roads from Lymn to Partington I got stuck behind someone determined to do 25mph all the way! Will deffo catch it on Monday, the TV is already set up with a reminder!
            Oh, what time is it on on Monday? I missed it too as I was busy sorting out dinner for two fighting brats!
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

Think its 730pm on BBC2!
              Blessings
              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
              Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
              Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
              On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

SS was the one with the huge squashes.
                Very impressed with the bottles - what was in them SS?
                I had mum, daughter, son and self watching in silence so as not to miss someone with the initial S. Confused me too with the West Indian man as his name began with S too.
                Well done SS. Very impressed.

Comment

Oh I saw it and enjoyed it. Great to see SS on the telly. I had some Christmas Pole Lima Beans from her and they were on the telly tonight too.
                  There were posts about the three sisters on here before if anyone wants to search for them.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

The wonders of technology.

I have all the series recorded on my sky+ box and was able to quickly whiz through and spot our very own SS.

I'm surprised that with all the expertise on here no one has posted it on you tube for everyone to see lol

Well done SS.
                    Stout hearts, strength and honour.

Comment

Thanks LJ, though it must have been but .... (well I am MB! )

Shirl, I think its on at 7.30 on Mon. Here's a link for future use (I find it easier than trying to find the tv book!)
                      http://www.radiotimes.com/

Comment

I enjoyed that programme. Even more so because Miss EB allowed me to watch it and watched it with me. I too missed the mag but had guessed right!! Hoorah the brain works!

Loved the three sisters and we are planning to do that this year. MB There's a thread that Jaxom started about the three sisters and loads of info on the web too.

Miss EB was fascinated by all the squashes and pumpkins. Trick will be to get her to eat it.
                        Bright Blessings
                        Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Bugger, went to get a re-fill of wine and must have missed her. But did record it on DVD so will re-watch it later whilst ironing and keep a better eye out.
                          Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

It was great, and lovely to see one of our own and the allotment. Wish it could have been longer Supersprout!
                            ~
                            Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                            ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Congratulations SS on a very professional performance !! its nice to put a face to the name!

Comment

Aww after a week away from tinternet it was lovely to get back and see this thread and comments from a lovley bunch of grapes! Would you believe I nearly blinked and missed it too lol - saw for the first time tonight. Too glad to be back home to even think about going to bed!

It took a good day's filming to capture that Clamp. Oh, what Clamp? Well, the famous Hay Bale Clamp, which we built and rebuilt four or five times to get all the camera angles right and which ended up chiffonaded on the cutting room floor <buhu>. A 20-second vignette on preserving the harvest; passata, squash and beans - wasn't bad, some peeps didn't emerge out of the cutting room at all I'm pleased they found room for me - according to the lovely researcher there was a glut of good material produced from all around the UK for this series.

Vicki L it's bottled passata - really good bottles made by Bormoli in Italy from Franchi, best I've used so they are an Investment (hahahaha) Just in case you missed the vital 20 seconds, here I be making it earlier

Thank you for your kind comments fellow Grapes! xxxxx
                                Last edited by supersprout; 13-02-2007, 04:12 AM.
                                SSx
                                not every situation requires a big onion

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X