No announcement yet.

Coping with the 'fallout' of the volcano

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't times like these that Barclaycard will pay out if it was paid for with the card???
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Most credit cards do I think Nicos, but in this country the credit card is very rarely accepted. Apart from the western hotel chains, (who use the old paper visa transactions with the slide swipe machines) everything else is paid for with cash.
      Our flights are booked on a monthly invoice system, and the company has to fess up once a month, massive cash transfers which is always an adreneline filled day out for me.

Force Majeure or act of God are generally explained (and not covered) in insurance policies, just like the one this company has.
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

They are saying that anyone who is stuck to make sure they keep all reciepts to enable them to make a claim on insurance, but not to be silly by having the most expensive meal as it will not be refunded. If you are stuck in the EU you will more than likely be ok but for those stuck outside the EU or those who have booked flights seperate from hotels, the flight will be refunded but not the extra hotel costs.
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by mrswadders View Post
          and theres me thinking you were talking about G & T!!!!
          I was

Originally posted by organic View Post
          ... "act of God"?
          so if you state you are an atheist - they will pay out, right?
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

I'm not directly impacted as yet but I just checked our work intranet and there are apparently over 4000 travelling staff impacted by this

Comment

Eldest son was stuck in Budapest as all trains to his next destination, Prague were full. Wasnt too worried though as "stuck" involved a hot tub and beer!
              He is now en route to Prague and has contingency plans of coming home via Holland on the ferry to Norfolk. Apparently these are half empty as no one wants to go to Norfolk
              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                I was

so if you state you are an atheist - they will pay out, right?
                Sorry, Pisk, I guess they'll just call it a Natural Disaster instead.
                My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by maytreefrannie View Post
                  Sorry, Pisk, I guess they'll just call it a Natural Disaster instead.
                  Maybe there should be a "Natural Disaster" fund set up for folks stranded & not covered by their insurance..............or maybe there already is.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

A pal was due to go on hols just as this kicked off, she was told she would lose her £1300 (!!!) - she has now been told she will get an insurance payout
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                      A pal was due to go on hols just as this kicked off, she was told she would lose her £1300 (!!!) - she has now been told she will get an insurance payout
                      Phew!.......bet she was relieved........ Better check my policy as I am supposed to fly @ end of May & the way this thing is going, I'll still be here.
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

It doesn't look very good for most passengers due to "Extraordinary Circumstances"

Iceland volcano: Will your travel insurance cover you? | Money | guardian.co.uk
                        Last edited by Bigmallly; 19-04-2010, 02:41 PM.

Comment

O heck i am panicking now,due to go and see micheal buble in milan next month

Comment

Phewee Carol, thank heavens for that volcano
                            Bob Leponge
                            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Ha hubby likes him,sad man and believe it or not he is on the radio now.
                              I believe they have some quite nice shops in milan so I will make the sacrifice and go with him-------or maybe not!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CaroltheCarrot View Post
                                O heck i am panicking now,due to go and see micheal buble in milan next month
                                There is no problem for journeys planned, you will get a refund. It's the folk stranded in other countries that may have problems claiming...........Unless I misunderstood & you are panicking because you may miss the concert.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X