Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you tell people something you've kept hidden?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ollie I'll be thinking of you and your brother on the 23rd.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I hope all goes well, I strangely had a dream about a similar thing just last night - not with you in in I hasten to add! lol

I think a similar post to the one you've put on here would be sufficient on FB -

Will be wishing you all the best for Tuesday X

Comment

Wow Ollie; what a great Brother. Respect to you both.

I think that Pandas might be the way into this one as well.

Will be thinking of you both on the 23rd.

xxx

Comment

Great news your brother is a match. I know someone who donated a kidney to a close friend, and what a difference it has made to the recipient. Since you've told the people that really count, I wouldn't worry how you do or don't mention it to others. It's your business.
          Elsie

Comment

Good Health to both you and your brother Ollie, Live Related Donor Transplants are wonderful, wonderful things. You make your dialysis sound easy and I know it's not (I work on a Dialysis and Transplantation Unit) and this will truly change your life for the better. Hope you will let us know when you're up and about.
            Flo x
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

All the best for Tuesday.What a star of a brother.

A friend of mine got her sisters kidney last Summer...all seems to be good(she's very similar to you in that she doesn't much like a fuss so I never ask for all the details)

I think as long as you tell those that really count personally then a little status update...maybe thanking your brother for being such a hero and adding an add on thing to a 'kidney support/info group' putting a little message for people to click if they want to know more.

Thinking of you and your family on Tuesday.x
              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Ollie, I can't add anything to the things that have already been said - but I wish you both well for the 23rd, and along with lots of other Grapes, will be thinking of you.

x
                Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

Goodluck, and best wishes for the op, for both of you

If youwant to go the facebook route, you can send an e-mail to multiple people rather than having it as status thingy,explain you'll be away and this was the easiest way for you to contact lots of people at once.

Comment

what a lovely brother ollie,nothing to say that has not already been spoken,only personal good wishes to you and your family,and very gentle huggs a plenty,
                    we know a young family fella who donated one of his,to his mother,and both are fine,just do as your tolled ,you will be back on here before you know it,
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

WOW...that was a bolt out of the blue, ya don't do things by half do ya Ollie? Please take with you my very best wishes for the 23rd and my admiration for your Brother, I wish both of you a very speedy recovery and all the very best for a healthy future, lots of love, GN. xx

Comment

Ollie, all the very best for Tuesday to you and your brother.

I feel people will understand your reasons for not shouting it from the rooftops up to this, I can well imagine that this was a good way to go.

I don't/can't do this myself, but my daughter can go online, compose one text and when she's happy with it, send all together to a number of selected recipients. I don't know if this might suit you, just a suggestion.

Will be thinking of you and your brother and again, very best of good wishes.
                        My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Ollie I wish the very best to you and your brother for next week. Such an experience for the both of you to share. Exciting and scary I should imagine.

When I had my big c diagnosis, I told everyone down the pub that night. It might have been a bit dramatic but as a twentysomething I did rather like dramatic at the time but actually everyone was really cool, asked questions all at once and then got on with being as normal as we ever were

F.B. is as good as any, the gossipy side of it reminds me of pub culture anywho. Maybe you can make an status change in a month or some time similar. I.E. Panda is very pleased that his new kidney is still in after 1 week / 1 month etc.

Comment

Dont forget to buy your bro sumthin nice he can look at/think about while you are both recovering. Maybe a blood brothers T-shirt
                            My mates done the doner bit with her ex hubbie. The change in him was great to see. She did too much too soon as usual and bust the internal stiches ho hum.
                            So take care the pair of you, as for telling when people say 'where have you been' tell em then, your excuse if they are upset you didnt tell em earlier either 'I didnt want you to worry' or 'Its a family thing and we didnt want a fuss made'
                            All the best
                            Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Good luck to you & your bruv hope everything goes well, as BigMally said if you need a visitor or some Grape talk give us a shout.
                              The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

I strongly dislike being fussed over so I tend not to say much about anything until it's all blown over, and even then, I probably rely on word of mouth for anyone not close.

Hope all goes well on the 23rd - what a terrific chap your brother is.
                                I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X