X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you could always take up Kite flying
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

The Norfolk Broads and the mags a bit scarce out here
      www.poultrychat.com

Comment

I see I am still the only person in Wales so far. Perhaps I should write to Medwyn Williams and ask him to join? that would help our monster veg section.

Comment

don't know if that would be allowed posting for the opposition

Would be useful though.
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

Guildford

I've never seen GYO magazine around Guildford... I saw it for the first time while on holidays in Devon and thought it was great so I subscribed straight away
            Acorn

Comment

I'm much further south than most of you, right by the sea in Kent, literally 30 yards from it - we have our own path up to the sea wall. our village is famous for its miniature railway... got a semi-walled 'kitchen garden' which holds the heat well in summer, but is pretty windy. however, too much salt doesnt generally seem to be a gardening problem here, most things do quite well. we also have a large field, with the husband is eyeing for polytunnels - I keep telling him, we've never grown anything edible before, let's stick with the kitchen garden for a bit!!
              as 'sea wall' might suggest, we are actually about 30' below sea level at high tide - it can be interesting at the spring and autumn equinoxes. no tsunamis as yet, but we watch with interest.
              as for the mag, found it once in a shop in Bishops Stortford, and subscribed straight away.

Comment

Wild sutherland - close to the Sutherland/Caithness border. Remote and beautiful.
                Glad to see lots of fellow Scot-dwellers, great to have some advice for this part of the country. I live with a Welshman, he loves it here too!

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Birdie Wife,

My OH is English, with some Scottish ancestry. He loves the country too. It was his idea to move back up here from deepest SE England.

Lorna.
                  Lorna.

Comment

Am i the only person from southern Ireland.Am 5 miles from Dublin city. Garden in my mothers garden. My dad always tilled it until he died 7 years ago and I took it over. The garden is 6 miles from Dublin in a little village with 20 houses and one shop cum pub. You would never think it was so near the capital. The only down side is, when my mother passes away I will have no garden as the house will be sold and devided between me and my sisters. My mother wilol be 88 next month but is still in good health and waters my toms and peppers in the greenhouse when i am not around. So heres hoping she is around for a long time to come.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I have a tiny garden near Manchester where I 'grow my own' mainly in pots & a raised veg. bed. I buy GYO mag. from the local Co-op but they don't always have it especially in the winter. I have seen it in W.H.Smith & Tescos but it is a bit hit & miss.
                      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X