St Patrick's Day

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
    Bean and his little girlfriend quite happily sway/bounce when it's playing.
    BEAN'S GOT A GIRLFRIEND ALREADY???? Boy that lad is precocious!
    Happy Paddy's day to everyone.
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Don't do anything, am English not Irish but then again don't really do anything on St George's day either.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
        BEAN'S GOT A GIRLFRIEND ALREADY???? Boy that lad is precocious!
        Happy Paddy's day to everyone.
        Yeah, little girl that lives a few doors down. She's a few months younger than him.

It's a beautiful relationship.

She pushes him, he tries to eat her face and pulls her hair. She steals his dummy and cries at him.

They're like a married couple.
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Link to Leprechaun Watch:

YouTube - Leprechaun webcam one day time lapse

Have a good day, everyone
          My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Absolutely without question I'll be off to the plot to plant a spud or two... I'm not really ready for them to go in yet but "In by St Patrick's day" was the way of my family's farm (years before I was born) and I fully intend to carry on that tradition.

Then... probably off to the Irish Centre (yep, there is one) to see if there's a session on so I can drink a half decent pint of Guinness (I never drink it outside one or two pubs in Ireland that really do serve the perfect one... I'm usually very much let down by it in England) and kick myself for giving up the violin and trad music when I was a teenager.

Oh yes - and all this while wearing a cutting from the "shamrock" (grown from those novelty "Blooming Shamrock" seeds usually used to con tourists and treated more as a laugh by those who know the truth) we've got growing from a crack between the back step and the concrete next to it. Bloody hardy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by organic View Post
              we've got growing from a crack between the back step and the concrete next to it.
              Surely you mean craic?

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by organic View Post

Then... probably off to the Irish Centre (yep, there is one) to see if there's a session on so I can drink a half decent pint of Guinness (I never drink it outside one or two pubs in Ireland that really do serve the perfect one... I'm usually very much let down by it in England)

You can say that again! Thats why I stick to the Bushmills

Comment

HeyWayne...
                  Of course... thanks for the correction... it is a very common typo.
                  That has prompted me to recommend a book I really enjoyed. In Search of the Craic. Essentially it's the story of a pub-crawl around Ireland looking for craic, drinking and meeting some absolute legends of the trad music world.

northepaul...
                  If ever you find yourself in Co. Clare and see a sign for a town called Quin - stop off and call into a pub called The Bridge. It was described to me by a local as "best Guinness outside Dublin" - but from my experiences of the stout both in and out of the capital I'd drop the "outside Dublin" part and replace it with a "." or maybe "ever!".
                  Wonderfully smooth taste with not a hint of that clawing aftertaste it so often has. My girlfriend, who's never really taken to the stuff before (though she frequents our local real-ale pub with me) absolutely loved it.
                  It was like drinking silk!

Comment

Happy Guinness to everyone!
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I take it back - I'm not going to the Irish Centre.
                      I just phoned up and there's no traditional music on tonight. A couple of bands are playing "Irish Folk Music" but I shudder when I hear that phrase and think of what it so often means.

It's a flippin' travesty if you ask me... the Irish World Heritage Centre and tonight, of all nights, there's no bodhrans, fiddles, whistles or uilleann pipes.
                      It's not like it's just a watering hole full of Diaspóra either... they've got a branch of Conradh na Gaeilge (meaning Gaelic League - dedicated to the promotion of the Irish language) based there!

Probably for the best though - it'll only be crawling with plastics today.

Comment

Plastics?
                        Last edited by Glutton4...; 17-03-2010, 02:53 PM.
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I shall save my celebrations for April 23rd, and get properly drunk in true English fashion.

Er, on French wine!!
                          Bob Leponge
                          Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Probably showing my ignorance here Bob, but what is special on April 23rd.
                            Just had a thought, Is it Bastille Day?

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
                              Probably showing my ignorance here Bob, but what is special on April 23rd.
                              Just had a thought, Is it Bastille Day?
                              T'is St George's day!

Edit: Oh, and the MiL's birthday!
                              Last edited by HeyWayne; 17-03-2010, 04:55 PM.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

You're forgiven Bramble because of where you live. Not an important day in your calender.
                                Bastille day is 14 Juillet, and I shall hopefully be home for that this year. Woohooo.
                                Bob Leponge
                                Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X