No announcement yet.

Wonders of the Solar System

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but thought peeps might like to know Prof. Cox is going to be on Jonathan Ross show this Friday.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Originally posted by HotStuff View Post
      Apologies for reviving an old thread, but thought peeps might like to know Prof. Cox is going to be on Jonathan Ross show this Friday.
      Fantatsic - I'll Sky+ it I think. Bit late for me.

He's a brilliant guest - Wossy will love him I'm sure!
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Going to take this thread off on a slight tangent (as I dont have uk tellybox so cant watch it) but Prof Cox being ex D. Ream, reminded me of a very prominent civil rights lawyer who used to be in The Specials (having doubts now, definitely a Ska band of the day however) Courtney someone I think? Anyone know his name?
        Last edited by bobleponge; 24-03-2010, 04:45 PM. Reason: Age.....its nasty!!
        Bob Leponge
        Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Sorry Boble, doesn't ring any bells, The Specials were very politically active but I can't remember any names except Jerry Dammers & Terry Hall.
          Prof. Brian Cox however I cannot get enough of so will be recording the Jonathan Ross show. Despite the fact that he has a beautiful intelligent wife & gorgeous baby I can D-ream!
          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Well done Hutstuff you are a good look out!
            SueA - I am with you, and will be watching!

Comment

This is really going to bug me now. I heard an interview with him on Simon Mayo a few years ago on Radio 5 one afternoon.
              Grrrr
              Bob Leponge
              Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
                This is really going to bug me now. I heard an interview with him on Simon Mayo a few years ago on Radio 5 one afternoon.
                Grrrr
                You can't watch the re-runs on BBC iplayer, but have you thought about getting a satellite dish and Freesat or old Sky receiver to watch UK TV out there? They aren't expensive and I'm sure most places can post to France?
                My 2014 No Dig Allotment
                My 2013 No Dig Allotment
                My 2012 No Dig Allotment
                My 2011 No Dig Allotment

Comment

When I first moved I had Sky etc, but I live in France, so watch French tv. Tis a choice I made, my French is good enough to watch telly and listen to the radio. The only thing I really miss is cricket, the French just dont get it. All other sports I can watch, the only real difference is the staggeringly biased commentary.
                  I know that most of the Brits in my area have Brit tv, so if there is something I desperately want to see I invite myself round, but tbh I rarely feel the need.

ETA: Having just reread that, it looks a bit bigheaded. When I say my French is good enough to watch telly and listen to the radio, I actually mean that I watch footy and rugby and dont really need to understand much, and the radio is a la musique. Simples.
                  Last edited by bobleponge; 25-03-2010, 10:38 AM. Reason: Didnt read too good!
                  Bob Leponge

Comment

I'm going to hang my head in shame - we started watching the 'Thin Blue Line' episode last night, and I fell asleep after 15 minutes - what a light-weight!!

N.B. it was a tiredness thing, not a boredom thing, coz I think he's fascinating.
                    Last edited by Pumpkin Becki; 25-03-2010, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazgaot View Post
                      You can't watch the re-runs on BBC iplayer, but have you thought about getting a satellite dish and Freesat or old Sky receiver to watch UK TV out there? They aren't expensive and I'm sure most places can post to France?
                      That's what we have!

we do have a choice at the moment until our area goes digital- then we'll need something for the French TV

....to be honest I got fed up with all the flipping sex scenes mid afternoon whilst trying to do my ironing!!! ...freeview????much more conducive to ironing !

Sorry boble- can't find that guy...(bit busy at the mo tbh)
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Going to take this thread off on a slight tangent (as I dont have uk tellybox so cant watch it) but Prof Cox being ex D. Ream, reminded me of a very prominent civil rights lawyer who used to be in The Specials (having doubts now, definitely a Ska band of the day however) Courtney someone I think? Anyone know his name?
                        Sorry Bob, I've tried looking on Wikipedia for The Specials, The Beat & The Selecter, but can't find anything about a civil rights lawyer.

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        ....to be honest I got fed up with all the flipping sex scenes mid afternoon whilst trying to do my ironing!!! ...freeview????much more conducive to ironing !
                        Hmmmm, how can I get French TV in Surrey?
                        There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Just had a brainstorm, blokes name is Griffiths, pretty sure of it. Was in a band that were Coventry based, and is now a prominent QC, and I'm certain he is currently defending ex Liberian leader Charles Taylor.
                          Cant remember the band though. Curses, its tough being old sometimes.
                          Bob Leponge

Comment

Just had a brainstorm, blokes name is Griffiths, pretty sure of it. Was in a band that were Coventry based, and is now a prominent QC, and I'm certain he is currently defending ex Liberian leader Charles Taylor.
                            Cant remember the band though. Curses, its tough being old sometimes.
                            Are you sure its Courtenay Griffiths

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
                              I'm going to hang my head in shame - we started watching the 'Thin Blue Line' episode last night, and I fell asleep after 15 minutes - what a light-weight!!

N.B. it was a tiredness thing, not a boredom thing, coz I think he's fascinating.
                              I tend to be in bed not far after 9pm so I've recorded the lot and am going to have a Cox-fest one day and watch the lot in one go.
                              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                                I tend to be in bed not far after 9pm so I've recorded the lot and am going to have a Cox-fest one day and watch the lot in one go.
                                Now there's a plan. You could have a sofa-picnic and everything!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X