Wonders of the Solar System

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday HF

What a brilliant programme!! I devoured every second. I love it when this sort of documentary is presented by a really knowledgeable person who clearly adores their subject. Can't wait for the next installment.

Comment

Well I've got it on the iPlayer on HW's recommendation. Will give you my review soon enough.
      Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
      Snadger - Director of Poetry
      RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
      Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
      Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
      piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Wow - watched it last night - totally loved it. First episode repeated tonight BBC2 7pm
        Life is too short for drama & petty things!
        So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
          Hi folks, when is this program on please?
          BBC 2 at ??? on which day ???
          Thanks
          Sundays at 9pm HF.

There are 5 episodes (he was on Radio 2 this morning talking to Chris Evans).

It's repeated on Tuesdays at 7pm it would appear too.

There's also a kids version so he was saying on the radiogram.
          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Hi Guys, and thanks.....I watched it last night....great viewing- "have I seen him somewhere else recently"? I know his face??? most odd - almost as if I know him???
            Goodness though, we are just a tiny dot in the great scheme of things.....and it did seem rather sad that it is all so finite!
            Cant wait for the next one, though I think I will be watching last nights program over and over again!
            Just love the stars 'stuff' - If only I had been born clever......so much to learn and discover............deep sigh, but I am happy with my lot, and it is after all just about spring and those parsnips must be sown

Comment

it did seem rather sad that it is all so finite!
              Aah, but that's just it HF, its not. When our Sun implodes it will return to dust, form a cloud and will eventually become a new star...and so life continues, just in a different way . Nature's beautiful.

Comment

Thats very true PB - perfect really, bet our waste plastic etc survives though oh yeah and Japanese knotweed

Comment

bet our waste plastic etc survives though oh yeah and Japanese knotweed
                  **splutters tea over computer screen** I bet you're right HF

Comment

Thats very true PB - perfect really, bet our waste plastic etc survives though oh yeah and Japanese knotweed
                    Nope, they'll import some insects from somewhere near Alpha Centauri.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Sorry to lower the tone but good grief, he is gorgeous, I could listen to him (Prof. Brian Cox) read out the phone book & be fascinated!
                      It does help that he has a lovely smile, twinkly eyes, a Northern accent, reminds me of Mark from Take That & looks like he's having fun. He teaches at Manchester University (or at least did, he's probably too busy now) & is involved with the Large Hadron Collider project, if we'd had teachers like him I might have learnt more about the universe already!
                      Very interesting programme & explained very well without the usual attempts at 'dumbing down'!
                      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post

There's also a kids version so he was saying on the radiogram.
                        The kids programme is mentioned at the bottom of the iPlayer page:

BBC - BBC Two Programmes - Wonders of the Solar System

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by SueA View Post
                          Sorry to lower the tone but good grief, he is gorgeous, I could listen to him (Prof. Brian Cox) read out the phone book & be fascinated!
                          It does help that he has a lovely smile, twinkly eyes, a Northern accent, reminds me of Mark from Take That & looks like he's having fun. He teaches at Manchester University (or at least did, he's probably too busy now) & is involved with the Large Hadron Collider project, if we'd had teachers like him I might have learnt more about the universe already!
                          Very interesting programme & explained very well without the usual attempts at 'dumbing down'!
                          AFAIK he is still at Manchester Uni, as he's been collaborating with our team up here re the LHC... I've met him very briefly at a dinner thing and he is lovely

Comment

SueA ..........hmmmmm you are so right - 'good grief he is gorgeous' - doubt I would have learnt much.....to busy looking at teacher me thinks - he is rather lovely, and that voice ......as you say he seems to love what he is doing, which is really refreshing and comes across in this program. Some presenters seem to look and sound 'tired' these days - doesn't matter what the programs content is.
                            OWG - I am green with envy

Have to say I would love to have coffee and a chat with this guy!

Comment

OWG - I am green with envy
                              So am I! Wonder if they're taking any (very) mature students on his course at Manchester Uni.?
                              Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Originally posted by SueA View Post
                                So am I! Wonder if they're taking any (very) mature students on his course at Manchester Uni.?
                                Sorry Sue, looks like he is a Research Fellow, rather than a teaching professorProfessor Brian Cox and he is married to this lady
                                Last edited by OverWyreGrower; 11-03-2010, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X