..........bbc

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many BBC execs have been cut?
    Did I miss the part where the licence fee that's meant to pay for the BBC was reduced so lowering their budget?
    Rant!
    Moan!
    Revolution!!! (Please! Oh please! Oh please!!!)

I didn't even listen to Six - in fact I rarely listen to the radio at all - but things like this get up my nose. "Cuts" always come in completely the wrong place and it does my head in.
    Let's cut the fat (all of it) first and then start thinking about the stuff people actually care about.

Gripe!
    Moan!
    Fume!

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
      ...What did they play G4 - I can't listen today as I'm in floods?

Apparently they are axing it because it has a small audience [which isn't a surprise as it is digital only], but if they built it up it would take listeners away from commercial [which is the real reason they have cut it]. Can't have all those middle aged music fans not being subjected to commercial radio with all their adverts, eh? After all, those middle aged listeners have the most disposable income and we must have them spending mustn't we?
      Sorry, I didn't know most of the tracks . I still have it on in the background, so I obviously don't find it offensive, it just doesn't seem to have any life in it. I just don't think it's for me.

Oh, I know this one! Time to pretend by MGMT. But I had to look at the display to see who it was LOL
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

LOL! Lauren does play alot of indie stuff. [I remember her when she was in Kenickie, backstage at Reading and lolling round on the grass with skimpy dresses on. Those were the days.

Comment

Originally posted by organic View Post
          How many BBC execs have been cut?
          Did I miss the part where the licence fee that's meant to pay for the BBC was reduced so lowering their budget?
          Rant!
          Moan!
          Revolution!!! (Please! Oh please! Oh please!!!)

I didn't even listen to Six - in fact I rarely listen to the radio at all - but things like this get up my nose. "Cuts" always come in completely the wrong place and it does my head in.
          Let's cut the fat (all of it) first and then start thinking about the stuff people actually care about.

Gripe!
          Moan!
          Fume!
          I agree there! Did I hear Jonathan Ross is leaving the BBC? Well, that's a fair old saving to start with!
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I have to say that weekends on 6 are the absolute springer's swingers.

Huey, Craig Charles Funk, Jarvis, Adam and Joe - just brilliant music and lots of funnies.

[It's nothing to do with budget, it's the BBC being dictated to by the big boys....allegedly].
            Last edited by zazen999; 02-03-2010, 01:10 PM.

Comment

I have to say that weekends on 6 are the absolute springer's swingers.

Huey, Craig Charles Funk, Jarvis, Adam and Joe - just brilliant music and lots of funnies.

[It's nothing to do with budget, it's the BBC being dictated to by the big boys....allegedly].
              Just don't mention The Freak Zone...

Trouble is - that we're confusing quality with quantity. 'The Masses' rule in this instance, and 'The Masses' have no taste in music - be it good or bad, they just listen to whatever Simon Cowell is churning out, the same way that Stock, Aitken and Waterman did back in the Hate-ees.

Just seems a shame that when we seemed to be making progress in broadcasting, some eedjit decides against it.
              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Never listened to Radio 6 and to be honest until it was mentioned on another thread did not even realise that it existed but then again I don't have a digital radio (apart from on the TV which always seems a strange way to listen to the radio) so wouldn't get it anyway. Do listen to a bit of Radio 1 but very selective on that one, more often will have Radio 5, occaisionally Radio 4 or a CD on, NEVER Radio 2 and wouldn't even know where Radio 3 is hidden or to be honest, what it plays!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

All BBC stations are available on t'internet through live streaming.....

Still, as long as the execs get their taxis and Moyles gets his donuts - the nation as a whole will be happy.

Comment

All BBC stations are available on t'internet through live streaming.....
                    I know lots of people use live streaming but it doesn't work for me - I mean I can get it but would rather just tune in a radio if I want to listen to radio - am quite old fashioned like that

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                      I know lots of people use live streaming but it doesn't work for me - I mean I can get it but would rather just tune in a radio if I want to listen to radio - am quite old fashioned like that
                      That's half the problem Alison.

They stick a fab station on Digital and then cut it when they don't have enough listeners. Well, they won't have the same amount as Radio 1 as people can't listen to it.....it's a bit chicken and egg and the only loser is music itself.

Comment

You're right about the weekend stuff Andrea, I love the Craig Charles show too. G4, listen at a few different times of day. It's very eclectic but I reckon there's at least one show a week for each person's taste. More for most of us. I heard they had an audience of around 60,000 listeners which I wouldn't say was small for a digital only station

Comment

That's half the problem Alison.

They stick a fab station on Digital and then cut it when they don't have enough listeners. Well, they won't have the same amount as Radio 1 as people can't listen to it.....it's a bit chicken and egg and the only loser is music itself.
                          You ever tried not picking up the Radio 1 signal? Can't bladdy escape it! If I had DAB in my car I'd have 6 music on, but it's a faff/expense I can't really afford.
                          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

6Music was the reason I bought a DAB radio. Just completely gutted today!!!
                            aka Neil

Comment

6 Is the mutts nuts and I am sad its going, however the ode BBC does seem to have its fingers in many pies. What I dont understand is how the proposed cuts will save £600 million squid which will be ploughed back into programmes. Thats some dosh.

Comment

The fight is not over yet; apparently if there is enough of a storm then they will rethink it.

I'm hopeful enough to believe, and will continue the crusade.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X