No announcement yet.

Credit cards?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

egg money, 1% cashback on everything you spend. Just pay it off in full every month.

This month I'm getting £22 cashback offset on my bill based on last year's previous spend.

Comment

We got a AMEX platinum for the cash back. Put everything we can on there and then pay it off each month. The bank gets nothing off us as if we won't be able to pay the bill at the end of the month then we won't buy it anyway.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        We got a AMEX platinum for the cash back. Put everything we can on there and then pay it off each month. The bank gets nothing off us as if we won't be able to pay the bill at the end of the month then we won't buy it anyway.
        Ditto!

I took out the American Express platinum for the cash back. When I first took it out (handily, just before Christmas!) I got three months at 5% cash back.

It's not accepted everywhere but most of my Christmas shopping went on it, my train travel can go on it and I can do my major shopping on it so that's earning a nice little bit of cash back at the moment.

I've also got a Barclaycard Mastercard which gives 1% cash back for when the Amex isn't accepted and for when the introductory rate runs out on it. If you've already got a Visa you can phone Barclaycard and ask to apply for the Mastercard version. When I spoke to the first person I had to ask to speak to their manager in order to get it sorted.

I'll be cancelling the Amex once I've received the cash back (it gets paid annually unfortunately!) as they charge a dormancy fee if you don't use the account for a certain number of months and their standard cash back rate is tiered in a way that makes the flat 1% better for me.

I went a long time without using any credit cards but when I realised the cash back I could receive for virtually no effort (filling out the forms on line and setting up a DD to pay them off in full each month) I figured it was well worth it for me!
        http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

We've a tesco one, and use the voucher/points we get with them to go away - they're worth 4x the amount then in most cases.

We pay for *everything* on the credit card, to get as many points as possible. Then we pay the full lot off at the end of the month.

Works well for us, so far we've amassed £500 worth of points I think my wife was telling me..

so for a free holiday (prob have to pay for flights?) it's working well for us.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X