red kitchen walls

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by binley100 View Post
    Well the one in the garden wouldn't flower so I stencilled one all round the kitchen
    Perfect
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
      One of surely Alison - c'mon, we've all got more than one pet hate.
      Oh yes, loads more than one but that's my main decorating one. Ceilings should be white, can't stand them any other colour. Hoping to have a new kitchen this summer and am planning on aubergine walls although OH doesn't know he wants this yet.........

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        Oh yes, loads more than one but that's my main decorating one. Ceilings should be white, can't stand them any other colour. Hoping to have a new kitchen this summer and am planning on aubergine walls although OH doesn't know he wants this yet.........
        My Dad once painted a ceiling red. It so lowered the feel of the room that people ducked when they went in!
        Another rellie painted his hall red. It was like being swallowed by a great gaping maw!

I'm not really a fan of red rooms. You'd never have guessed, would you?
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

We painted our bedroom a deep red a couple of years ago, I still LOVE it. White ceiling though. Its a lovely warm colour. Nice to wake up to in winter.
          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Well, I'm not going to talk about my dark red carpet throughout the living room and hall. or the sky blue ceiling in the bathroom.
            Definitely not.
            Hmmm
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Ive just painted our kitchen back to 'rented accommodation Magnolia' as we're hoping to move (for about 8 mths now). I wall papered the chimney breast with a lovely retro red flower pattern and then accented it around the room (grotty wooden shelves & a new roller blind) and it made such a difference.

The chimney breast in our living is still Moroccan Red as I can't bear to totally remove all the colour from the house just yet, besides it matches with my lovely red leather sofa (consolation present for not moving yet).

HW - very envious of such a lovely kitchen (bet your roof doesn't leak either lol)

Comment

Originally posted by lizzylemon View Post
                HW - very envious of such a lovely kitchen (bet your roof doesn't leak either lol)
                Thank you, but it doesn't look like that any more - those photos were taken the day I finished painting it. That was 3-4 years ago now, and we've had a beautiful baby boy since.
                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                  Thank you, but it doesn't look like that any more - those photos were taken the day I finished painting it. That was 3-4 years ago now, and we've had a beautiful baby boy since.
                  LOL - I'm guessing any brushed steel appliances don't look quite the same any more. I've given up keeping the daughters sticky / greasy / adorable finger marks off the fridge.

Comment

Our south facing kitchen is brightest yellow we could find and it really cheers me up every time I walk in there.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I love strong colours and on separate occasions painted the living room orange and lime green, then purple and pink. The latter was especially good. The children, now in their forties, remember all four colours being used together!!! Not so, but do they believe me?
                      In the same house I painted the north facing kitchen primrose yellow with sunshine yellow woodwork and twinkly brass knobs on the cupboards and drawers. The curtains were yellow gingham and it always looked as though the sun was shining in there.
                      I think your idea for a red kitchen sounds wonderful, Brengirl. Go for it!

Comment

Love the idea of a red kitchen or some bright colour on one wall. My husband like's blue so every room has blue in it, as we start to decorate I have banned him from any blue in any shape or form.
                        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                        and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                          Our south facing kitchen is brightest yellow we could find and it really cheers me up every time I walk in there.
                          My dad painted our bathroom in a bright yellow called Sahara when I was a nipper. If anyone left the door ajar we kept going in to turn of the light!
                          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

The colour red.....

All About the Color RED - Sensational Color

bet ya didn't know that eh???
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              The colour red.....

All About the Color RED - Sensational Color

bet ya didn't know that eh???
                              WOW!

Well they've just turned up with the paint so no going back now. I'm really looking forward to seeing it finished.

Comment

Here's something for you for when it's done!!!

though it best to co-ordinate colours!!
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X