No announcement yet.

Open or closed? Curtains that is

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living room blinds are shut as it gets dark, blinds in kitchen over patio doors are shut as it gets dark too.Bedroom blinds get shut when i go to bed, but back bedrooms i dont bother with. I also have a number of timed light switches dotted in various rooms that have random settings so they go on and off through the evening as i work shifts.
    Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      Closed when it goes dark - much more cosy and keeps the heat in.
      same here.
      I experimented with my little thermometer
      It's 4 degrees colder next to the window with the curtains open
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Closed here too. I hate to see a black window- just looks so unfriendly and exposed!
        Nice set of thick , pulled curtains in a cosy room!

( just need to get some material to sort this house out now!)
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

So, for all those that have curtains but don't use them - why do you have them?
          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
            Hide and seek
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
              Because they frame the view to the garden.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                Hide and seek
                Peekaboo, I see you!

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
                Because they frame the view to the garden.
                Surely that's the window's job - a frame should go all the way round no? Like a window.
                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Got blinds at living room window, which is one storey up as we live in a 3 storey. Twist them closed in the evening. Do have curtains too, bit they are carp and only close them if freezing.

Daughter's room looks out onto garage roof, so am obssessive about her window being locked and curtains being closed at night in there (any time of day really) She has thick nets up too, till I can afford horizontal/vertical blinds.

Bedroom curtains shut all day as OH works nights, but I sleep with them open in summer to allow light in in the morning to help me get up. Closed in winter as it keeps room warmer.
                  Kirsty b xx

Comment

Closed as soon as it's dusk - to keep in warmth and maintain our privacy. Always keeps wooden blind on dining room window at the front down with slats angled so that it is not possible to get a view into the room. We back onto a copse that's very popular with dog walkers so I keep curtains closed until I'm dressed - don't want RSPCA visiting.

Comment

Closed when it gets dark, need it to be dark in the bedroom can't sleep if theres any light poking through even the street lighting!

Comment

Madderbat had same problem so we fitted a blind behind the curtains.
                        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                        Brian Clough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X