No announcement yet.

Cook book wanted: Sauces & general cooking

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to have dozens of cook books, but some I never used for recipes, and others I used for one recipe, a few times before I learned it off by heart anyway.
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by valmarg View Post
      The older books I have are all in cups, but the later ones (including the Saucery book) have metric measures in brackets as well.
      That's good, I've got a couple of them from years ago for cakes and pastry type things. Tend not to use them much as it's such a pain doing the cup thing, I know in theory it should be easy but am much happier with proper weights (preferably imperial but you can't have everything)

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Usually get mine in charity shop or (if I am flush) from Amazon.
        I got Jamie at Home The River cafe cookbook, allotment cookbook, Ken Homs Vegetarian, and Nigel Slaters Simple Suppers for £1 ea.
        I would definately look in them before splashing out on a new one, after all you are also being green and encouraging recycling

Comment

Thinking along more general books, even though Ive lots and lots of cookery books by all the TV chefs, some of my favourites are the Good Food ones. Simple, straightforward recipes, with a photo to show you what the finished dish should look like. Quite cheap as well, Ive paid £3.99 and £4.99 for copies of mine and you can get them from your supermarket as well.
          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X