No announcement yet.

Well, it's finally over ....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sorry for your loss Tony. My mother and uncle are both recovering (mother not so well) alcoholics. Definately makes you think about drinking in a different way....

Comment

What a sad post to read and what a terrible waste of life Tony, my thoughts and prayers are with all of your family, I hope your Daughter doesn't blame herself for the events that have unfolded, helping an alcoholic isn't in anyway an easy job. I know what your going through, I lost my little brother to Alcoholism 4 years ago.
      (((((((((Massive hugs)))))))) to you and yours. xxx

Comment

So very sorry to hear of your family's loss Tony. Thinking of all of you.
        Life is too short for drama & petty things!
        So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

God love you all Tony. What a terrible time, and such a sad loss. You are all in my prayers.
          A good beginning is half the work.
          Praise the young and they will make progress.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss not much more i can say to ease your pain

Comment

So sorry to hear about your loss. I hope your daughter and her daughters are bearing up.

Comment

What a waste. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Comment

Very sorry to hear what appeared to be inevitable news from your last initial post.

There must be a great sense of helplessness when a loved one has reached this state. Despite all the help, her addictive nature returned her to her drug of 'choice' - and for that, no one within her family circle or friends should shoulder any blame - but there will I'm sure always be some guilt experienced.

There are those of us who will, hopefully, never experience loss which is so easily avoidable with common sense and moderation prevailing - but some already have and there may be some in a similar position right now.

It was very brave of you to share the warning with us at this difficult time.

I hope the family can now take the time to heal themselves - I suspect that her daughters will need special attention which I hope your daughter will able to assist. I wish you all the peace that will come with the passing of time. Until then - stay strong.

So sorry.

Comment

So sorry to hear of your loss, thinking of you all especially the children.
                    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                    and ends with backache

Comment

Really sorry for all concerned Tony, thank you for sharing the story with us, it may make people think twice in future.
                      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Sorry to hear the news Tony. THoughts with you and yours. xx
                        Kirsty b xx

Comment

Thank you for sharing this with us. It would be futile of me to attempt to beguile you from the grief of such a loss, but hope there is comfort to be found in the lesson that it will serve to teach those of us who have been touched by your experiences.

My thoughts are with you.
                          Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                          Snadger - Director of Poetry
                          RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                          Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                          Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                          piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

So sorry Tony.Lots of love to you and all your family.
                            Sadly our society has become one where drinking a little(or lot)more than we should is almost the accepted norm.I know I often convince myself I'm OK because I drink no more than a lot of my friends.You're thread puts it into perspective,,,Thankyou for sharing.xxx
                            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

So sorry to hear that Tony. My thoughts are with you and your family.
                              AKA Angie

Comment

Tony, I was so very sorry to hear your sad news. And even though it sounds as if you all did everything possible to help her, she continued on regardless. Such a tragic waste of a life. And such a heartbreaking situation for you and your family, those who are left behind.

Shame that some like to brag about how much they drink and see it as "having fun". I used to drink and don't anymore (from choice - I used to work with alcoholics) and can still manage to have fun! Perhaps the fact that you have been so open about this situation and brave enough to share about it may at least prevent a few people from going down the same path.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
                                Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X