Tender.....Nigel Slater

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tender.....Nigel Slater

Mr Headfry bought this for me at Christmas, I just love this book- great recipes
    and great for inspiration when the days are dark and damp!
    Anyone else like this book?
    and
    Do you know if there is to be a fruit version? or am I dreaming
    Thanks

I have the book HF, it is lovely isn't it
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

It does look a lovely book but I'm not buying it as I promised myself not to buy anymore as my cook book obsession is slightly out of hand..........

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed his programme on TV last night.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I had the Kitchen Diaries for Christmas - wonderful. I love the way that he cooks using his own stuff where he can, and has had to dig up his garden to make way for veg as he is so far down the waiting list for his local allotments, just like a normal person.

Comment

I have Tender Vol 1 - its a brillient book and as you say, so inspirational!
            The fruit book (Tender Vol 2) is out in May - you can pre-order it from Amazon for £15 but I, being a skinflint, will wait and see if I can get it cheaper nearer the time.

Nigel is the best cook and his recipes are so accessible and easy. If you look on the Guardian web site, you can follow his weekly recipes and column without buying the paper. (Told you I was a skinflint )

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
              Mr Headfry bought this for me at Christmas, I just love this book- great recipes
              and great for inspiration when the days are dark and damp!
              Anyone else like this book?
              and
              Do you know if there is to be a fruit version? or am I dreaming
              Thanks
              Where can I get one from? I LOVE Nige, second to HFW.......

PS I read Nigels books like other people read novels, I find them so interesting to read and they are written just like he talks on TV :-)
              Last edited by dexterdoglancashire; 28-01-2010, 07:46 PM. Reason: PS
              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Thought I was the only one who reads them like novels, you should try Toast a sort of biography about his life in food terms, really good reading but touched with the sad death of his mother when he was small.

Comment

I love the way this book has been written - and I too read it like a novel. I love the way he describes his garden, plants, the weather, the seasons, and of course what he is cooking.
                  Tender is so much more than 'a cookery book'
                  A big thank you to Mr HF for a wonderful gift

Comment

Originally posted by lottielady View Post
                    Thought I was the only one who reads them like novels, you should try Toast a sort of biography about his life in food terms, really good reading but touched with the sad death of his mother when he was small.
                    Wicked! love Toast - made me laugh and cry at the same time.
                    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

I'm going to stop coming on here - it costs me a fortune! just bought the book from amazon and ordered the fruit one too!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scottishnewbie View Post
                        I'm going to stop coming on here - it costs me a fortune! just bought the book from amazon and ordered the fruit one too!!!!
                        LOL!! You wont regret it though, they are excellent books!

Comment

Thanks for info. Have ordered a copy off amazon. Cant wait for it to be delivered.
                          Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X