Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the strangest present you've ever been bought?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300 metres of industrial sized clingfilm from an ex-boyfriend. Apparently I used a lot of it. It lasted 3 years, a lot longer than the relationship!

Comment

Due to the fact that my OH and parents usually ask what I want I've had pressies like a 16v drill, timber to fix fences properly (rather than stuffing the gaps with branches) a rabbit hutch, horses rug, a dragon (enchantica) and my best own pressie of a tattoo for my 40th.
      Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

my first husband asked me what i wanted for my birthday first year we were married, i replied an electric drill. he replied i'm not buying you onr of thoe and bought me some perfume. on his birthday later that month i bought him, yup you grssed it, an electric drill, rofl.

Comment

Someone bought me a dog bowl (didn't have a dog, still no plans to get one!). It was silver with different coloured semi-precious stones set into it. The chap who bought it for me just thought I'd like it. I did I suppose, but it was still a dog bowl! Odd.
          I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

My lovely and very dear Aunt once, when we were very small, bought my brother a tin of toffees and a tooth brush for Christmas!

Comment

MIL tends to dish out some oddities (ornamental china string dispenser and tea urn spring immediatly to mind).

What about this: Ananova - Hubby says it with manure
              Excuse me, could we have an eel? You've got eels down your leg.

Comment

The first present my OH ever bought me was a pair of DM's. They're still going strong now

Comment

I asked the other half what se wanted for her birthday.

"Anything with diamonds" she said.

So I bought her a pack of cards.

Comment

I was asked (by a relative) what I'd like for Christmas. I said a hand fork (I'd worn the old one out!). I got one of those bent-end thingies like a back-scratcher. A nice thought, but it is SO NOT a fork!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I think I must have blanked them out of my memory, but the one that does stick in my memory was a farse/ace* towel that my darling brother bought for me one year. One end had farse written/embroidered/printed on it, and the other had ace.

*not the real words, but not far off.

LadyWayne's a great gift buyer.
                      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                        Surely it was just something he bought as good value rather than as a present for you?
                        You are probably right Alison, it was the smile and flourish he presented them to me though!
                        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

I generally find my OH is quite good with gifts... It's the mother in law and aunt I have to worry about... One year I got a green wheelbarrow candle. that was it from my aunt that christmas. Mother in law once bought a box of out of date (just) canned foods for Christmas.
                          Look not from the mind, but from the soul. For the life that is coming is already before us, waiting to open up the world. Just look more closely. Find the eyes to see. - Celestine Prophecy 1st insight

Visit my blog: http://wheatleyswheels.blogspot.com

Comment

My EX husband, did i say he was EX!! for Christmas one year bought me a telephone extension kit and plastic insertion tool for the cable, he thought it was really funny.
                            As I said he is now the EX!!!
                            When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

I have 3 children and one Christmas my MIL handed me a parcel with a label attached that said "Merry Christmas to whoever it fits" (she'd hand knitted a jumper).
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

My Sister once got me a de-icer and car wash care kit.....but I dont have a car!!??

Maybe she was hinting?
                                Last edited by northepaul; 25-01-2010, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X