Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New R2 Morning Schedule

My mum is in a right sulk.

She likes to listen to Pause for Thought and the review of the papers on the Sarah Kennedy show on Radio 2, but since the Chris Evans breakfast prog starts at 7.00 not 7.30am, this has changed the times of when these are aired on the Sarah Kennedy show.

It doesn't say on the R2 website what time Pause for Thought & the paper review are now on at, and the only way I'm going to find it is to plough through a whole 2hr show on 'listen again' - unless any smart grapes can tell me?

Oh no, does that mean I don't get to listen to Sarah on the way to work anymore? I like her, think I may have to have a CD on instead now. If Evans is as noisy in the morning as he was on afternoon show I won't be happy (I still miss Johnnie Walker's drivetime)
    Not a morning person, like to listen to someone fairly restful!
    Kirsty b xx

Comment

Hi Hazel, I found this if its any good to you, it looks like Sarahs on at 05.00 in the mornings now, I can't be doing with Chris Evens, I'd rather listen Chris Tarent and I really don't like him.

BBC - BBC Radio 2 Programmes - Sarah Kennedy

Comment

I'd much rather listen to nails down a black board than Sarah Kennedy, but there you go. Horses for courses
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Think I'm with you on that one TS!
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Me three.

I met Chris Evans backstage at Reading Festival the day they went to Driffield at radio 1; we had photos taken - he was lovely.

Comment

Me four. I can't stand Sarah Kennedy and I love Chris Evans. Sir Terry was good though and he is missed at Chez Scarey.
              A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Hazel, Hazel, quick, pause for thought is on Chris Evans show NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by ginger ninger View Post
                  Hi Hazel, I found this if its any good to you, it looks like Sarahs on at 05.00 in the mornings now, I can't be doing with Chris Evens, I'd rather listen Chris Tarent and I really don't like him.

BBC - BBC Radio 2 Programmes - Sarah Kennedy
                  You're right - the listings show SK for a 2 hour slot from 5 - 7am 'Show for the 'Dawn Patrollers' with news, views and music, plus a look at the morning papers and Pause for Thought' - what the listings don't tell you is when within that period the paper review & thought for the day are, and in order to find out, I'm going to have to plough through 'listen again' I think.

The paper review is on for about quarter of an hour, so shouldn't be too tricky to find, I guess - not sure about the pause for thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                    I'd much rather listen to nails down a black board than Sarah Kennedy, but there you go. Horses for courses
                    I wouldn't know (yet) - 5 to 7 am is not a time slot which exists in my house.

Comment

Originally posted by scarey55 View Post
                      Hazel, Hazel, quick, pause for thought is on Chris Evans show NOW!
                      Ah - here's the rub - I knew that there was a 'thought for the day' on the Terry Wogan show at about 9.15am (that time does exist chez moi), but apparently there is another one on in SK show - must be a different one as I know the 9.15am is live at the time.

The only thing I know about the SK thought for the day is from what mum has said, for the reasons stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                        I wouldn't know (yet) - 5 to 7 am is not a time slot which exists in my house.
                        That's what I like to hear - a girl after my own heart.

Comment

Happy New Year Hazel.

Can I hazzard a guess that the items your mum wants may have been shifted to a half hour earlier - that's what has happened with the show tune

Missing TW in this house but CE isn't as bad as Chris Moyles (IMHO) who may indeed be a lovely bloke in the flesh but does my head right in on the radio
                          Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 13-01-2010, 12:13 PM.
                          Happy Gardening,
                          Shirley

Comment

Well... we've converted to the R2 breakfast show with Chris Evans!!! Listened in the car with the kids on the way to school/work and we love it - show is lively, funny and entertaining. It might not be everyone's taste in the morning, but there you go - 3 new R2 listeners (4 if you count OH in his car).
                            Julie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X