Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only 15cms in North of Stoke on Trent.

A mere covering.

When I was young in Scotland we had 5 metre high drifts outside the back door ..in 1963.

Comment

We've got 6 inch of snow and its still falling.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Madasafish View Post

When I was young in Scotland we had 5 metre high drifts outside the back door ..in 1963.
        Ahh..the winter of 1963....I walked on the frozen sea in Blackpool!!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Still falling here too. Not too heavy now though.

Comment

Look what I found!

different location- but same winter!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Incy View Post
              Still falling here too. Not too heavy now though.
              Started again here and I've got to go out in it soon (only on foot, thankfully) to a meeting which we've rearranged to the bloke round the corner's house. I hope he's put the kettle on.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

It started here at 5am and is still going strong, we have about a foot so far. So bad just had a call from work to say don't try and get into work - go to the nearest "nick" at 4pm. Suit is getting swopped for tracksuit bottoms and wellies.

A whole 8 hours watching telly! (I'll be bored after 30 minutes)
                Karen

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
                Even a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step!

Comment

Hey all, we've had snow on the ground here for over 2 weeks now. This morning the whole of Aberdeenshire is officially closed. All the schools, leisure centres, libraries etc... half the roads, all the pavements - closed! Ho hum Am trying to upload photo's, but the connection must be snowed in too!!

Comment

Hi Mac,
                    I only just made it into work in Kirkhill in Dyce,... was listening to the radio this morning about the Aberdeenshire school closures. Nearly nobody here in the office due to the weather. lol... very quiet.
                    http://onegardenersadventures.blogspot.com/ updated 10-03-2010 with homebrew pics & allotment pics

Comment

The snow started here in South Wales at about 11.30am today - we have about an inch lying on the ground and it's still snowing heavily.
                      Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                        Started again here and I've got to go out in it soon (only on foot, thankfully) to a meeting which we've rearranged to the bloke round the corner's house. I hope he's put the kettle on.
                        Same here as it is at yours Alison & Incy! O.H. abandoned his attempt to get to work this morning, got down the drive, skidded a few yards & got stuck, had to have a push back to the kerb. Never seen so much snow for decades, I know people have it deeper in Scotland & on the hills etc. but everything has come to a standstill here, no schools open, no buses, very few cars moving & kida sledging down the roads! I went out on foot to the local Co-op (they've run out of milk so don't bother going!) & came back with snow over the top of my boots & wet jeans, looks lovely though! Photo with trees is the main road, usually very busy!
                        Attached Files
                        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Other end of the country Mac, but even we have snow at the moment and still snowing - great big fluffy flakes. Apparently they've already had 6" over the moors - I'll believe them, certainly not going to check!
                          Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                          So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            Ahh..the winter of 1963....I walked on the frozen sea in Blackpool!!
                            Ahh the winter of '63 - I was born 2 weeks early coz my Mum helped push my Dad's car out of the Snow!
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

We had a light dusting from me doing the chooks which lasted until I got back fromt he school run- typical. None now though. Thank goodness I have HAD enough of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

and just for the record. It started to snow then changed it's mind in Costa del Bridport. Dorset.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X