No announcement yet.

Snow is where?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it tried all day, but it looked a pretty paltry effort, until the kids had left to go home (from school). About 3.30 the head was making the rounds advising people to go home, and by the time OH had got there, about 4pm it was looking pretty thick. Now we have around 3inches, which is more than we've had here for the last 5 years, and it's still coming thick and fast. DD is hoping for a snow day tomorrow, although if I can make it, so will she
    I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
    Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Im in the big kid camp. I love it.
      Yes its a total pain to get around in, we had to cart 6 25kg bags of feed on foot up a sheet of smooth ice on the hill outside the horses field, and my little car is travelling in some strange positions..like sideways
      And I really do feel sorry for older people struggling with it
      BUT....snowballs, and the dog going absoloutyly loopy, and laughing at the geese deliberately skating on the ice and the chickens accidently doing the same..and the sheer beauty of our surroundings glowing icing sugar pink and gold in the evening sun...wow
      Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

• I'm so pleased to read that so many people LIKE snow. Whenever I tell people I love it they tell me I'm bonkers!

My only complaint is that we've only had about an inch so far this time - I want at least a foot!
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Still only about an inch here

I want SNOW!!!
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• I love it too- it's so pretty before it melts.
            (I'd have loved it even more if a neighbour hadn't got a 4x4 to tow my OH out of the Suisse Normande so he can catch the night ferry to work in the UK for 5 days *sobs*)

..might just make a snowman tomorrow
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Count me in the bonkers camp too, folks -but only if I'm well prepared otherwise it is a real misery. I'm thinking of the poor folk who have a power cut at the mo (what would I do if the leccie got cut off??)

But trudging out, well wrapped up, with hand warmers in my pocket and my ice grips on my shoes - well, that's great!!
              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• 3" ontop of 2" ice sheet.
                Snowed in again!!! ( love it really!)
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Sadly I'm In the hate camp I can't leave the house until weather warms up and the risk of falling is reduced
                  Thought For The Day
                  If a plum tomato breaks the law when it’s young
                  Would it’s criminal past ketchup with it later?

Comment

• This afternoons sunshine thawed the snow a bit and now that slush has froze
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                      I couldn't decide whether to let Mr TS drive to work today (it's a 60 mile round-trip into deepest darkest remotest Norfolk, so he could feasibly get stuck out there for days).
                      With that in mind, I sent him off.

He did take a Hannah Montana blanket and a box of crackers in case of emergency.
                      Nice one TS
                      Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

• we had about 3" at lunch time (12:30ish) and nothing since really. Wonder if it'll be the same in t'morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                          Still only about an inch here

I want SNOW!!!
                          Swap you G4, I want to go to work tomorrow and it's looking a bit doubtful as all the lying snow is starting to freeze.
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I love it and I am 55, School shut so daughter has been home. the main reason for a lot of schools to close is because the staff cant get in, There has to be a certain number of teachers / staff to be able to look after the little darlings, also if the kitchen staff cant get in no food for a lot of them. I would rather the kids stay home and have fun.
                            Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                            and ends with backache

Comment

• I do actually feel terrible. Just sent an email to the boss telling him I can't get out (he's such a lovely chap!). There really is no way but I can't feel good about it when OH and I just made the perfect snow man.
                              The Impulsive Gardener

www.theimpulsivegardener.com

Chelsea Uribe Garden Design www.chelseauribe.com

Comment

• Snow is just nature's way of telling you to have a day off.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X