Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Incy View Post
    Ouch!!!!!!!!!!
    Yup.... this is why I always suggest eating out at a place of her choosing!! Even then, it's awkward!

Comment

Do your head in don't they fussy eaters
      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Don't mind if people have tried stuff and genuinely don't like it or can't eat it for medical reasons but faddy is just annoying. Have a friend who claims to be vegetarian, she's not, she just doesn't eat much meat which would be OK apart from the fact that she won't eat ANY veg apart from spuds. It's a nightmare even if you eat out as she just plays with her food as she says it's too much effort to chew - god help us!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
          Yup.... this is why I always suggest eating out at a place of her choosing!! Even then, it's awkward!
          What does she eat?
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Don't you feel like these people(fussy eaters)are sometimes making more fuss if you jump around them?I was trying to be nice to people like that,asking what they'd like to eat.After a few full plates left("sorry,I can't eat that"-list of excuses)I stopped bothering.My attitude now is "There's the fridge,fix yourself something".They won't starve,eventually they'll have to eat something.
            I felt guilty of being rude at the beginning but then I stopped blaming myself.First I asked them what they would want to eat,prepared that with their approval and at the end they say"sorry,I can't eat that because...blah,blah,blah"Suit yourself,if you're hungry you know where's the fridge...

Comment

Just cook your best attempt at something edible and if they don't eat it, tough - with such fussy eaters they'll be used to going hungry!
              Last edited by smallblueplanet; 14-12-2009, 09:17 PM.
              To see a world in a grain of sand
              And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I would just cook what we were having for the meal.
                If he doesn't want to eat it - tough.
                After all, he is a guest in your house. I was brought up with if you are a guest you eat whatever is on the table and say thank you and it was lovely. If he has no manners let him starve.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
                  If he doesn't want to eat it - tough.
                  After all, he is a guest in your house. I was brought up with if you are a guest you eat whatever is on the table and say thank you and it was lovely. If he has no manners let him starve.
                  Couldn't agree more

Comment

Could be that he is thin and pale and doesn't eat many things for the same reason - that he has some kind of gut disorder. I have a lot of friends with Crohn's Disease on a medical forum - they tend to come in "flavours", some can't eat one slew of things and others can only different items - but they all have restricted diets and suffer badly if they eat the wrong thing. Worse, with some foods it is really hard to tell when they will definitely have dire consequences ! (Chocolate is mine.)
                    I'm the ultimate fussy eater I suppose, gluten and dairy free and organic. I can risk non-organic with some things, ditto dairy - but it is playing Russian Roulette with food. "How lucky do I feel ? Hmmm...."
                    Poetic justice really, I used to be the world's worst fridge bandit. I would eat anything not nailed down. The idea of actually not eating something, never mind a whole host of things, simply because you don't like the taste... strikes me as unimaginable luxury !
                    If I am visiting friends or whatever, I find I prefer Coreopsis' approach. I don't want fuss, I will do my own thing (usually with food I have taken with me). It is the rare delight of eating together that matters to me, not the food so much.
                    Happily I seem to be able to eat a lot more since I discovered digestive enzyme supplements, I am now off the cheese wagon !
                    There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                      Just cook your best attempt at something edible
                      Originally posted by Alice View Post
                      As a "fussy" eater myself (no meat, fish or pastry) I would actually do what Manda and Alice suggest.
                      I expect he's just never had to cook for himself, and so only eats the same thing all the time.
                      He might like to try something different.

My FiL doesn't like veggie muck apparently, yet he wolfed down my nut roast last Xmas when I told him it was stuffing.
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                        As a "fussy" eater myself (no meat, fish or pastry)

See I dont think that is fussy, just vegetarian + pastry Vegetarians are not difficult to cook for, even with limited cooking skills like mine, just takes a little thought if you are used to cooking with meat.
                        I really feel for people who have huge amounts of food they can't eat for medical reasons, must be horrid.

My mum was dreadful for saying I can't eat that I don't like it. On questioning it would usually turn out that she had never even tried it Now thats just plain rude! To be honest I think she used to do it just to annoy me, and it worked!

I have a friend who is vegan and only eats organic, that I find hard to cater for. She usually just brings her own food, spending time with her is more important
                        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

My sister has Crohns and LadyWayne used to suffer with IBS. Neither have been difficult to cook for, they just don't/didn't eat the things they couldn't.

Our God-daughter is a particularly fussy eater, but that stems from her upbringing. Her father thinks that spaghetti Bolognese is "foreign" and is always reticent to try anything "new" we put in front of him.

We try and introduce Bean to all sorts of foods - and thus far he's not really turned anything down. He even ate Marmite (very thinly spread) on toast the other morning.

Some other friends of ours have a 9 year old daughter. She has never tried fish because her mum doesn't like it, and as a result won't cook it. Such a shame.
                          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                            ...He even ate Marmite
                            Good lad Bean
                            aka
                            Suzie

Comment

although I'm vegetarian, my daughter has tried most things and we're forever saying to her you cannot say you do not like something until you've given it a proper try. Having said that, even before she could understand daddy doesn't eat meat, she's not a big fan of meat. She does not like large chunks of meat, so roasts and steaks etc are off her menu.

If I'm eating at a friends and they're having a roast, I'm very happy with the tatties and veg and a yorkshire!
                              Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                                He even ate Marmite (very thinly spread) on toast the other morning.
                                Love it. Get him on the Marmite bandwagon nice and early.

My MiL is famously intolerant of vegetarians. I think she can't quite believe they Don't Eat Meat. I've twice heard her exclaim to a veggie she was trying to feed "it's only a bit of ham stock' and "but they're only lardons." Small meat isn't really meat apparently.
                                I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X