No announcement yet.

BBC Sports Personality Of The Year.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If ANYONE in sports has a personality - it would be Roy Keane - I heard him on 5 live talking about the Ireland/France handball and he had me in stitches. What a bloke.

I've been saying it for years now, but the Irish ones * are the best. In SO many ways. Oh, those happy happy days/nights in Dublin. Sigh.

* by ones, I mean men.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
      I've been saying it for years now, but the Irish ones * are the best. In SO many ways. Oh, those happy happy days/nights in Dublin. Sigh.

* by ones, I mean men.
      Ooh... Young man called Declan on the Stranraer to Larne ferry, many years ago... Dunno about personality, but he definately had... ummm... err...

Yeah, happy days...

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
        Tiger Woods wasn't in the frame then?
        Special award for oustanding stamina?
        Urban Escape Blog

Comment

.. but the Irish ones * are the best..
          ooh yes, another vote for the Oirish accent
          *swoons
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

I wasn't really bothered who won although I watch it every year & do like lots of sports. Of the ones in the top ten though I think for 'personality' it should have gone to Phillips Idowu, he always wears outragious outfits/hair colour/piercings, brings a lot of life to his event & seems like a likeable guy!
            Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
              Didn't we win the Ashes this year too?! It didn't have quite the impact that it did in 2005 though, which is a shame.
              Which is presumably why the cricket team won the team of the year although that must have annoyed the women's team who achieved more without the same level of support.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                Didn't we win the Ashes this year too?! It didn't have quite the impact that it did in 2005 though, which is a shame.
                They did sort of allude to the fact that the celebration on winning this year was deliberately kept low-key and family-centred.... I expect because of the players behaviour when we won in 2005. The papers and tv were full of stories of p!ssed-up cricketers (Flintoff!) for a few weeks.... seems they decided they didn't want that kind of publicity this year!

Comment

There was only one 'sports personality' in my book, and that was George Best.

Can't possibly agree with you on that one. A great footballer yes, but personality smashed to smithereens by alcoholism
                  WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                    Can't possibly agree with you on that one. A great footballer yes, but personality smashed to smithereens by alcoholism
                    But just think what a personality he would have had if NOT smashed to smithereens by alcoholism?

Comment

I watched the programme his son Calum did a few weeks back - it left me with wet eyes
                      aka
                      Suzie

Comment

Certainly his very public denunciation of AA did an awful lot of damage
                        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

As soon as I saw the 'shortlist' included a footballer, I was sure that was who would win. Simply a matter of number of people who both watch the sport AND do phone-in voting. Pity really.
                          I missed the bit about Giggs, so I don't know what he did this year to get nominated.
                          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

If ANYONE in sports has a personality - it would be Roy Keane - I heard him on 5 live talking about the Ireland/France handball and he had me in stitches. What a bloke.
                            The story of "Oh George, where did it all go wrong?" still makes me smile.

Of all the sportspeople in the whole wide world, the one least likely to get my vote would be Mr Keane.
                            Any footballer at any level who goes onto the pitch with the sole intention of deliberately injuring someone, and then writes about it in his book to sell more copies is beneath contempt.
                            Bob Leponge
                            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
                              The story of "Oh George, where did it all go wrong?" still makes me smile.

Of all the sportspeople in the whole wide world, the one least likely to get my vote would be Mr Keane.
                              Any footballer at any level who goes onto the pitch with the sole intention of deliberately injuring someone, and then writes about it in his book to sell more copies is beneath contempt.
                              I wouldn't know about that - I know nothing of actual sport! Which is why I'm not on the panel!

[I obviously like the controversial ones.....no change there then ]
                              Last edited by zazen999; 14-12-2009, 07:17 PM.

Comment

I must admit to a soft spot for Keano too But he did get us* up into the Premier League, so I have an excuse

*Sunderland - I am not, repeat, not a Man U. fan!
                                Last edited by SarzWix; 14-12-2009, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X