No announcement yet.

So disappointed

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We accidently bought a cr*ppy tree a few years ago. I hacked some branches off and transplanted them onto the bare patches; trimmed the top to make it look bushier; and fiddled around with it until it looked nice.

Think of it as an X-Factor contestant...first audition, rubbish hair and Primark leggings; by the end, all glossy hair (the lametta?) and general remodelling!
    I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

We bought a tree last year from diy store got home and it was awful needles dropping everywhere we hadnt noticed in the shop so we took it back and got a refund. Went somewhere else and got a better one.
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

awww Mahoosive hugs there Incy. I know how important the tree is to you! Awww shucks...here's another hug!
        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

We get a Nordmann fir every year they are great as they keep their needles even if you do manage to get the room warm. When you first unwrap them they do tend to look like the branches are straight up but after a day or so they sort themselves out a bit. Don't worry so much and just enjoy decorating it. xxxxx
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

Hoooof it out and get one you like. IMO the Christmas tree has to be exactly right or it ruins the whole xmas decor!
            All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
            For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

Originally posted by Incy View Post
              OH went out and bought the christmas tree on Friday and today we got it in it's stand and took the netting off.
              It's horrid! They have apparently stopped stocking the type we usually have so he bought a nordic pine instead.
              The shape is uneven and the branches stick straight up in the air!
              I have no idea where to begin to decorate it and frankly I'm too depressed by it to try at the moment.
              It's really knocked the christmas spirit out of me.
              Presumably you liked it when you saw it in the shop before they netted it up so there's no reason why you won't like it again.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Perspective Alert!

In light of the news reports that have been broadcast from the troops serving in Afghanistan.....well.... er....

Er ... it's a tree.

As to the idea of it ruining Christmas if it's not 'right'....!?

Please tell me that you will have a great time decorating it anyway, and that you can all have a good giggle about it during the festivities!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                  Presumably you liked it when you saw it in the shop before they netted it up so there's no reason why you won't like it again.

Incy wasn't there - her OH bought the tree [I know, all on his own. A man - a shop - disaster was looming].

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                    Incy wasn't there - her OH bought the tree [I know, all on his own. A man - a shop - disaster was looming].
                    Ah, yes I see that on the first post now I've read it properly although to be honest I always thought that Incy was a man, dunno why though

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

Ah, yes I see that on the first post now I've read it properly although to be honest I always thought that Incy was a man, dunno why though
                      Heavens no!!! She's a lovely lady - nice hair to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                        Heavens no!!! She's a lovely lady - nice hair to boot.
                        Am sure even I'd have worked out her gender if I'd met her

Comment

I remember v clearly buying a Christmas tree in a hurry from a field, in the dark, mostly lit by my car headlights and in pouring rain. When I got around to bringing it inside I found I'd bought a practical joke of a tree so bereft of branches on one side that it practically sat flat against the wall - I was incredibly disappointed with my choice but decided to look upon it as a spacesaver.

Comment

Am sure even I'd have worked out her gender if I'd met her
                            To be fair, I did know she was a lady before I actually met her........

Comment

In defence of your hubbie...I'm sure trees DO have the ability to morph into something totally different once the nets put on...ours was nowhere near as huge in the shop as it was when we got it home!
                              I don't know how firmly "up" your branches are but we've got four or five extra heavy decorations that do a good job of pulling down the odd stubborn branch.
                              Hope you manage to get it as you like it.xxxx
                              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

My hubby bought the only one big enough in the shop. I don't blame him as trees were not high on the list when he was a child so he had no idea I'd be so upset.
                                Panic over though as he has suggested making this one into an outside tree with rope lights and getting a new one for our proper tree

Hazel,
                                You are right and I know that in the grand scheme of things a tree is not very important.
                                In the small scheme of making Christmas as right as possible for my little family it is however very important. When we lived in The Netherlands and couldn't get anything other than a rather bedraggled needle dropping tree, we lived with it and made it as pretty as possible.
                                While we are in a position to have a good tree I don't think we should have to make do.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X