H.F.W and Hemp??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
    Have to admit to almost falling off my chair when he mentioned growing hemp, bet the bread tasted good and I bet everything tasted good afterwards too
    ...and plenty of it!

I must've led a sheltered life; I assumed they meant hemp (as in rope) AOT Hemp as in Weed.

I wouldn't mind trying it, but - as others have said - given that people don't seem to able to tell the difference between Tomatoes and Waccy-Baccy it seems like tempting fate.

Comment

Originally posted by basketcase View Post
      ...I wouldn't mind trying it,
      so DON'T go there, it gives you the munchies
      Last edited by piskieinboots; 20-11-2009, 10:21 PM.
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

HFW did make it very clear that he wasn't talking about dope at the start of the piece and as Sara says above you can buy loads of hemp products anyway so it's not exactly new news.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I've just realisedI missed it!!!
          Does anyone know if it's repeated?
          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I know Alison - we are just embarking on a bit of schoolgirlish silliness when referring to 'that stuff' - silliness makes the world seem a nicer place at times, particularly when 'you' consider PC Bill Barker lost his life helping others today
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
              I know Alison - we are just embarking on a bit of schoolgirlish silliness when referring to 'that stuff' - silliness makes the world seem a nicer place at times, particularly when 'you' consider PC Bill Barker lost his life helping others today
              Sorry for pointing out what I thought to be something reasonable - will go elsewhere seeing as it now seems that I am at fault for not considering what I too consider to be a very sad event but one that is totally irrelevant to this discussion.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

noo Alison - sorry, you misunderstand me - or I didn't relay myself very well, which is most likely. It is blinking hard on here sometimes! Sorry
                aka
                Suzie

Comment

Having seen fields of both kinds of hemp growing, I can vouch for how hard it is to tell the difference. The only way you could really tell is to test it... which would be illegal. Some of us are old enough to remember when it was almost acceptable to indulge - much the same way as alcohol is viewed today. I really like HFW's mad ideas though- best of all his approach to an ancient foodstuff which tastes good.
                  Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

It's OK Piskie, had just logged back on to delete my original post as thought I'd probably over reacted - bit of a stressful week - but will leave now as you've already seen!

Comment

See, Alison, if it had been back in the 60's we could have chilled out with you know what! Know what you mean about the stressful week though - ditto this end too.
                      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

You can buy hemp seeds in supermarkets, to put in your bread (actually, they're not very nice).
                        Last edited by Two_Sheds; 21-11-2009, 08:52 AM.
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                          You can buy hemp seeds in supermarkets, to put in your bread (actually, they're not very nice).
                          Totally agree!!!Unless you can find(and afford)the de~husked ones.Gillian "not a real Dr" whatever her last name was(?)had some in a tub(with her face plastered over it)...pretty pricey,but far nicer than getting the husks stuck between your teeth!Her claim,I think,was that they speeded up your metabolism...or cleansed your insides.(or something supposedly highly beneficial!)
                          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I was wondering if the ones you can buy at the fishing tackle shop are OK to use for cooking? Just a thought because there very cheep at the side of the ready processed stuff in the supermarkets,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X