No announcement yet.

Are you up or down?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to read about your friend, BM and your dog, Glutton.

I generally believe, that when the glass is half empty, one should top it up with gin.

Obviously, I slip occasionally (and spill the gin). A good swear is then in order, followed by more gin.

I'll probably be on here whining, tomorrow, now, tee hee!

Comment

I've had to deal with some crap over the years but you get on with things, I was diagnosed with depression when I was 27 and spent a number of months in hospital after suffering a complete breakdown, but with help from my OH and some very good friends I'm fine, I have good days and bad days still and like "Ollie" I go mad if people try to hide things from me, thinking I wouldn't be able to cope, so I'm from the glass is half full gang and if it looks half empty.....I open another bottle.

Comment

Sometimes I'm drowning, not waving. Other times I'm bobbing along like a cork. My dogs, cat and chooks are my comfort when I'm low. They never ask of me more than I can give.

A big bear hug for Glutton 4 and Big Mally. I'm so sorry for your losses.

Frostyfreckles an enormous hug for you and my best wishes for your hubby's improved health.

Ollie, I don't understand why you don't have heaps of girlfriends beating a path to your door. You are so lovely♥
        If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

Mostly I'm fairly upbeat although coming through a 'down' and hoping to starting paddling upwards again soon

I sometimes do the 'what would I do if I won the lottery?' daydream, but I really am quite happy with my lot. I love my job, and plan to train as a nurse next year. I have a great hubby and a gorgeous daughter, and the rest of my fairly close knit family - all of whom I love dearly.

To have a wee bit more disposable income each month would be nice, but we have enough to get by. I have my allotment, my chickens and my kitchen. Finally got the work/life balance cracked too!
          Life is usually pretty good for me.

EDIT: Hugs for Glutton and Bigmally xx and Ollie -why have you not got a girlfriend yet?? You are a lovely guy and girls should be actively seeking you out!!
          Last edited by kirsty b; 10-11-2009, 11:26 PM.
          Kirsty b xx

Comment

To quote an alley cat called Mehitabel (all the rage in the 70's) wotthehell, wotthehell, toujours gai I say!
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Eco-Chic View Post
              Ollie, I don't understand why you don't have heaps of girlfriends beating a path to your door. You are so lovely♥
              Originally posted by kirsty b View Post
              Ollie -why have you not got a girlfriend yet?? You are a lovely guy and girls should be actively seeking you out!!
              When my last girlfriend split up with me, the reason she gave was "you're just too nice"
              In hindsight I know she was just trying to take it easy on me and I don't really think we were that well suited from the start.

Anyway, I do have a date on Thursday night, or had you not heard?
              Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
              Snadger - Director of Poetry
              RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
              Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
              Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
              piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
                Some time ago I was having a pretty tough time, I was talking to my sister (she was a little drunk) and she told me that my mum had told her, "perhaps if you have a cold or a headache or something you shouldn't tell Ollie about it, he has enough to deal with of his own". It's one of the few times I've given my mum a really stern 'talking to'; yes I had some problems, but that didn't mean no-one else was allowed to have any. Keeping them from me only made me feel like they thought I didn't care about them and when you're at a low, sharing problems is one of the best cures.
                My little sister gets angry when people don't want to say how they feel/if they're ill in front of her (she has cancer). She says that other people skirting their issues makes her feel worse, as if she is the centre of the universe, when she justs wants to be (mostly) normal.

Comment

I've been thru some really sh!tty times in the past. Despite my SIL dying last week, I'm now probably the happiest I've ever been in my life. I have a wonderful family, very good friends and a man in my life again (a strange relationship, but it works for us). I'm not rich but I have enough to live on and a job in beautiful surroundings that is more of a paid hobby than a job..
                  "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
                    My little sister gets angry when people don't want to say how they feel/if they're ill in front of her (she has cancer). She says that other people skirting their issues makes her feel worse, as if she is the centre of the universe, when she justs wants to be (mostly) normal.
                    I very much relate to that.
                    Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support

Comment

I nearly lost my life once, so I kinda relish every moment that I have. Maybe, that a bit over the top - I ain't looking fwd to cuprinoling the sheds today
                      I used to be a sailing in the rough seas kinda person but going through a really scarey experience just keeps me on a happy level now. Oddly enough, it has also knocked all the ambition out of me. I'm a real tootaler now - just ambling along

Comment

I am very much an up or down person. Even my mother tells me there has never been any middle of the road for me lol.
                        I am generally UP though and when down, I don't stay that way for long.

Comment

I'm up when I'm up, and down when I'm down; and it is usually coffee dependent.

I've had bad times, like most people - and some bad bad times - but these days I'm quite up, but for me I get worried if I'm up or down for too long as I need balance. If I'm feeling down I'll actively look for something to do to get me back up again [like getting out my Holga and taking photos on 120 film and enjoying the creativity]. If I'm feeling up for too long, I'll turn the news on or do some woodwork or heavy lifting to bring me down to earth a bit. Or read a book on the first or second world war; that usually knocks sense back into me.
                          Last edited by zazen999; 11-11-2009, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                            I'm up when I'm up, and down when I'm down...
                            ...and when you're only half-way up you're neither up nor down,
                            Ooooooh, the grand old Duke of York....

Comment

Generally (95% of the time) I'm a really upbeat, chirpy, happy person. So much so, that when something gets me down, everyone notices the change in me, but I try not to drone on about it.

After Ninny passed away recently, I did have a work collegue say 'you've been a real miserable cow just lately'...I looked at him in stunned horror and said to a friend 'Could you explain to him please?'

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
                                ...and when you're only half-way up you're neither up nor down,
                                Ooooooh, the grand old Duke of York....

I'm more Robyn halfway up the stairs than grand old DOY - if truth be told

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X