No announcement yet.

Thought for the day.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know."

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

I like this one.

"In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance.

In Switzerland, they had brotherly love; they had five hundred years of democracy and peace and what did they produce?

The cuckoo clock."

- Orson Welles (1915-1985)

Comment

Why do buttered pieces of bread always land butter side down?

Why is it that when you don't need something you see hundreds of it but when you do you can't find one anywhere?

Why does someone elses chocolate always taste better than your own, even it is the same sort of chocolate?

Why does no one make apple crumble anywhere near as good as my mum's?
        When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
          Why do buttered pieces of bread always land butter side down?

The chances of it falling buter side down is directly proportional to the cost and or the difficulty of cleaning it..
          Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

I think it is calculated by using the laws of sod.
            When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Plutarch - "The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled."

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Never look down on anybody unless you are helping them up

Comment

Originally posted by weekendwellies View Post
                  Plutarch - "The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled."
                  Thank you for introducing me to Plutach. I looked up his biography and discovered this phrase:
                  "When the candles are out all women are fair"

I'll remember that one for sure
                  Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                  Snadger - Director of Poetry
                  RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                  Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                  Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                  piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo.

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
                      "When the candles are out all women are fair"

I'll remember that one for sure
                      Works on men too.

Comment

[QUOTE=OllieMartin; "When the candles are out all women are fair"[/QUOTE]

A bit like this?
                        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                        Brian Clough

Comment

Must try some of that. Cheers!

Comment

It's easier to fly a kite in a tornado than to convince a teenager s/he's wrong.

Comment

The world is the imagination of a large marshmallow with a bad sense of humour.

Can't remember where this came from but I'm failry sure it wasn't me.

Comment

A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows.
                                - Doug Larson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X