GYO Speak Translator

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
    Ohhh, so if someone does a Gogggggle search for say : Carrot Soup recipes, and it finds your thread/post...if the searcher then clicks on your post to see more, thats when you get a referral...is that right?
    No, I think you have to have the referral link with your actual number on it on your wesbite to get the referral.....but I could be wrong.

SO, if someone clicks on my blog and then through to here - and then joins then I'd get the referral. If they just googled and found one of my posts and then joined I don't think I would.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
      No, I think you have to have the referral link with your actual number on it on your wesbite to get the referral.....but I could be wrong.

SO, if someone clicks on my blog and then through to here - and then joins then I'd get the referral. If they just googled and found one of my posts and then joined I don't think I would.
      I have one, but I recommended to a colleague that they join. Perhaps you get one if they put your name down when they sign up?
      Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
      Snadger - Director of Poetry
      RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
      Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
      Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
      piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
        I have one, but I recommended to a colleague that they join. Perhaps you get one if they put your name down when they sign up?
        In that case it means that there is a grape that knows (or knows of me) on the vine. That is even more mind boggling cos I am the original 'billy no mates'.

Comment

That can't be right, I have a referral but don't have a blog or anything like that. Had always assumed it was when I told somebody who works with OH about this site and she joined. Presumed there was something that you could click on then but can't remember as I joined so long ago.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
            That can't be right, I have a referral but don't have a blog or anything like that. Had always assumed it was when I told somebody who works with OH about this site and she joined. Presumed there was something that you could click on then but can't remember as I joined so long ago.
            I'm just quoting what the FAQs say. I've not done THAT much research on the topic. I'm sure there are other ways of getting referrals. That's why I said 'I could be wrong'.

It looks like it can also come from sending someone a link to here which ups the referral count.

Grow Your Own - Growing, How To Grow Tomatoes Growing Fruit & Veg - Recipe Advice, Organic food Gardening, Chickens, Seeds for Sale
            Last edited by zazen999; 11-11-2009, 03:07 PM.

Comment

(permalink) is the link to that specific post, so if you right click on it and 'Copy Shortcut' and then paste it somewhere else, that will be a link straight to that post. It's what I used to put the links next to the winners names on the Show thread.

A referral is when you attract someone to the site, and they then sign up to be a member. I'm pretty sure that it can be because you've posted a link and/or because you told someone about the site and they say so when they join up
              Last edited by SarzWix; 11-11-2009, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                (permalink) is the link to that specific post, so if you right click on it and 'Copy Shortcut' and then paste it somewhere else, that will be a link straight to that post. It's what I used to put the links next to the winners names on the Show thread.

A referral is when you attract someone to the site, and they then sign up to be a member. I'm pretty sure that it can be because you've posted a link and/or because you told someone about the site and they say so when they join up
                and there was I thinking it was because I posted a pic of 'trick or treaters' without parental consent.

But...Permalink? sometimes threads just number the posts and others they are Permalinks 1/2 or 3?

Comment

I've often been called BOF
                  The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                  Brian Clough

Comment

I'm just quoting what the FAQs say. I've not done THAT much research on the topic. I'm sure there are other ways of getting referrals. That's why I said 'I could be wrong'.

It looks like it can also come from sending someone a link to here which ups the referral count.

Grow Your Own - Growing, How To Grow Tomatoes Growing Fruit & Veg - Recipe Advice, Organic food Gardening, Chickens, Seeds for Sale
                    Sorry, didn't mean to come over like I was accusing you of talking rubbish just that it didn't seem quite right

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post

Still have no understanding at all about a permalink and not 100% sure about the referral but have come to the conclusion it doesn't matter so not too worried!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X