No announcement yet.

Congratulations Ollie - MOM

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please free feelto delete me if inappropriate...tis saturday night & I've had a couple...getting a cold on top of toothache's not nice!

Anyway!I confess,I've had a totally apathetic crap season....the growing wasn't too bad but it soon dwindled when I realised I couldn't be a***'d with cooking the stuff!....You lot are pretty much my only like minded friends,therefore possibly the only peeps that will help me find my mojo again....which believe me I want to find!
    The fact that I've not been as into growing & enjoying my own veg this season has really put me off some of the more gardening related sections of the forum...I'd feel a total hypocrite posting advice that I can't get off my own butt to follow!So.....chit~chat has been my little saviour over the last few months,amongst the possibly trite drivel...my words yet not my thoughts!...there's also little bits that remind me how much I actually love GYO.

Cheers Ollie...you've made sure & kept at least one persons interest going!
    Last edited by di; 07-11-2009, 10:59 PM.
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
      Just for the record, Ollie was nominated because he joined the Grapevine and joined in straight away with every aspect of the community - growing, cooking and eating, and chat; he starts great threads which entertain everybody; he's sensible and keeps a cool head if things seem to be getting 'het-up'; he's helpful and supportive if anyone needs it, and he was suggested by at least one other Grape. In short, he's everything that a Member of the Month should be Soz if this has embarrassed you hun, but it needed saying!
      *blush*

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
      Cheers Ollie...you've made sure & kept at least one persons interest going!
      *double blush*

Thank you once again for all the comments. I wasn't going to post on here again until the goodies arrived and I was going to tell you what I got, but it feels rude not responding to all the lovely comments.
      My first reaction when I found out about the MOMship was that I just enjoy spending time on here, being named Member of the Month is just a complete bonus and a really nice gratification that other people know you're out there.
      I can completely appreciate how hard it must be to pick a MOM, I honestly have no idea who I would choose as the forum only works because of everyone on it rather than any particular grapes.
      And I'd like to extend extra thanks to whoever nominated me. It's nice to know there's someone thinking of you, even (or rather especially) if you don't know who that is.

*group hug* x
      Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
      Snadger - Director of Poetry
      RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
      Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
      Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
      piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Enjoy your MOMship Ollie Congratulations and very well deserved xxx
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Originally posted by BFG View Post
          I don't think he's a worthy winner of the award TBH and it's devalued it. There are far more worthy and knowledgeable grapes on here IMHO (And I obviously don't mean me, I just pop by every now and then.).
          How incredibly rude If you "popped by" more often you would know that MOM awards are given for a variety of reasons, you would also be aware that posts like this are quite unacceptable.
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Did I ever tell you lot how much I love the name Lucy?
            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by heywayne View Post
              did i ever tell you lot how much i love the name lucy?
              ????
              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                I might be way off here but I do too and John and Edward are silly names
                A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                  ????
                  You'll work it aat.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

You'll work it aat.
                    Wayne Love....you should know by now that we all(or some of us!)have WAY over active imaginations!
                    So!!!Is this your way to admit you're a sad git....like me...and watch the X factor/Or should our imagination be being stretched a lil further?
                    Last edited by di; 08-11-2009, 09:40 PM.
                    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Subject change?
                      Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                      Snadger - Director of Poetry
                      RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                      Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                      Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                      piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                        Wayne Love....you should know by now that we all(or some of us!)have WAY over active imaginations!
                        So!!!Is this your way to admit you're a sad git....like me...and watch the X factor/Or should our imagination be being stretched a lil further?
                        I'm hoping for the death of the X-phincter as much as the next man.

I'd rather watch paint boil.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Clue is somewhere in post 29.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

X Factor....I've had more fun getting a boil lanced

Its just a posh karaoke.

Comment

Clue is somewhere in post 29.
                              Silly me - I love the name Lucy too and double
                              A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Aah, the penny drops.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X