No announcement yet.

The Dishwasher Club

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ours dries on the end of the cycle. Have you made sure that there is nowt obstructing the whirly thingy when it was loaded?
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
      Ours beeps to let you know the cycle's finished, but then we leave it for a while for the residual heat to dry it all off. If we take it out immediately after it's finished it's:

a) wet
      2) chuffin hot

Are you leaving it for a bit after it's finished?
      I opened the door and left it for a while so air could circulate and dry it off, but the droplets were so big it would take hours to dry. The economy wash just wasn't hot enough to increase the evapouration rate and it was cold again by the time I opened the door.
      Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
      Snadger - Director of Poetry
      RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
      Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
      Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
      piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
        I opened the door and left it for a while so air could circulate and dry it off, but the droplets were so big it would take hours to dry. The economy wash just wasn't hot enough to increase the evapouration rate and it was cold again by the time I opened the door.
        Leave the door closed. We do - probably cools downa bit too quick if you open it.
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
          Leave the door closed. We do - probably cools downa bit too quick if you open it.
          But won't that leave it all too moist inside? I'd think that was like drying to dry clothes inside a warm zip-lock bag.
          Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support

Comment

But won't that leave it all too moist inside? I'd think that was like drying to dry clothes inside a warm zip-lock bag.
            Not sure how it works, but seems to work for us.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Forget it. Just run the hot tap for a couple of mo. Squish in some detergent. Plop in the plates/knives/forks/spoons/dishes/pans...run more hot water....squish more detergent....scrub a bit.....leave to soak....unplug.....refill.....rinse....OMG.. FSS.. time to get a dishwasher

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
                Forget it. Just run the hot tap for a couple of mo. Squish in some detergent. Plop in the plates/knives/forks/spoons/dishes/pans...run more hot water....squish more detergent....scrub a bit.....leave to soak....unplug.....refill.....rinse....OMG.. FSS.. time to get a dishwasher
                That's the exact process that caused me to order it!

Comment

That's the exact process that caused me to order it!
                  Makes sense on so many other levels too.

Washing dishes by hand uses more energy than a dishwasher | eSpares

What would Vedder do?

Comment

i'm glad i saw this thread - we bought a dishwasher recently and i was very guilty about it cos i didnt think it was exactly eco friendly but if you lot have one then i'm not worrying !!!
                    we bought it because OH refused point blank to have any one else round for dinner until we had one ....and as the social life here revolves around having peeps in for dinner/lunch then we had to get one !!!
                    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

Those adverts on the telly that show people putting stuff in the dishwasher which is thick with baked on lasagne (or rice pudding) and then it coming out clean? I'm afraid that's a big pile of BS! It just doesn't work like that I'm afraid If it's going to require major soaking and/or scrubbing with a panscrubber, then the dishwasher just can't accomplish that in my experience. You have to soak it to get it soft before the dishwasher can blast the stuff off. And oven trays I find are better washed by hand too.

Oh, and if you're opening the door at the end of long wash, and the dishes are cold, the water is cold, and there's no steam? Then it might be that the heating element isn't working properly, and that would explain the dishes not being properly cleaned too.
                      Last edited by SarzWix; 09-11-2009, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                        Oh, and if you're opening the door at the end of long wash, and the dishes are cold, the water is cold, and there's no steam? Then it might be that the heating element isn't working properly, and that would explain the dishes not being properly cleaned too.
                        Good thinking. Will have to wait for another load and as a single occupant (ish) it might take a lil while.

Comment

If it was me, I'd run it half empty if needs be, just to find out if it's working ok - that way you'll know whether to ring up and get it sorted tomorrow

Comment

If it was me, I'd run it half empty if needs be, just to find out if it's working ok - that way you'll know whether to ring up and get it sorted tomorrow
                            on hot mode or econo-splash?

Comment

and that's why you're a mod! I didn't think of that.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X