No announcement yet.

The Dishwasher Club

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on M.O.M Ollie, And your new dishwasher.
    My dish washer kept braking down and only complained when I kicked him...
    So I bought a real Dishwasher last year, I still rinse my plates off before I load it. I also us Tesco Tabs there much cheaper and do the job just as well.

Comment

I have eaten salmon cooked in a dishwasher (not mine) and it was very nice. Don't know what settings were used, but obviously don't use detergent with it

I am also told that dishwashers are very good for cleaning the wire wheels off old sportscars

Comment

I also use Tesco tablets, no rinse aid or salt needed, I do live in a very soft water area and that can make a difference. I have a small dishwasher( 6 place settings ), they can be more expensive than a normal size ( 12 place settings ? ).
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

Hmmm,
          I just nipped home on my lunch break and thought I'd connect it up. I've got a 'Washing Machine Valve Tee" so that I can split my water pipe between the DW and my washing machine, but I've now realised it doesn't have the right connectors and is meant for connecting one appliance in-line rather than 2 at a pipe terminus.
          I've realised I need one of these rather than one of these.

Boo!
          Last edited by OllieMartin; 06-11-2009, 12:53 PM.
          Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
          Snadger - Director of Poetry
          RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
          Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
          Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
          piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Welcome to dishwasher heaven Ollie I've had mine a good few years now, and I love it almost as much as my washing machine, and just a little bit more than the tumble dryer
            Last edited by SarzWix; 06-11-2009, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Don't decide to run some enamel-stripping cleaning fluid through the machine without first taking out your entire Le Creuset collection.

Glasses are fine. I've switched to the loose Finish powder instead of tablets - loads better, but weirdly cheaper?

When I search for a holiday villa or something, I ALWAYS tick the 'must have dishwasher' box. It just wouldn't be a holiday without one.
              I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

We don't need to use salt in our area either - check this out before you add, depends on how soft your water is. Use Ecover tabs and rinse aid and they work great (except when OH has stacked the dishes badly........... and they can't get washed properly). Although to me it's an OK gadget but not really essential, am guessing this may be as there are only 2 of us so not huge amounts of washing up.

Don't like the idea of cooking in it though, will pass on that one.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Cooking salmon in the dishwasher

For those who fancy giving it a try...

Wine X Magazine
                  Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 06-11-2009, 02:41 PM.
                  Happy Gardening,
                  Shirley

Comment

We've got two dishwashers. We'll have three when youngest child can reach the taps.
                    Urban Escape Blog

Comment

I have got a dishwasher but I can't afford to use it at the moment. I have got a teenage son who does all my dishwashing though so can I still be a member of the club???
                      Bex

Comment

Many congrats on both Ollie! We built an extension so there was room for a dishwasher (Ok we needed the extra space, but it started with the desire for a dishwasher!)
                        Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                        So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

I am on my second one in 10 years, Life would be awful without one and god forbid anything happens to the tumble dryer
                          http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sarajjohnson
                          http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...blogs/pipkins/

Comment

so - who will be the first grape to try poaching their fish in a dishwasher???????

Comment

*glass of wine in hand..... Lovely dishwasher Ollie, mwah

Welcome to a whole new world
                              Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                                Use Ecover tabs and rinse aid and they work great.
                                Well done Alison for mentioning 'Ecover'. We never use anything else. They work just as well as other brands and are kinder to the environment. Any one that's not tried them, give them a go. You'll be pleasently surprised.
                                It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X