X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TEB View Post
    Nope that's for peeps that have a broadband connection via a phone line
    Via a modem.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
      Via a modem.
      well without a phone line suppling the ADSL then a modem is about as much use as a chocolate teapot, not sure where you are going with this, but its no good for the slug's mobile dongle.

I may be wrong here but I am assuming that the Slug hasn't got or cannot have broadband supplied via telephone/satellite because of various reasons, because if the slug did have why bother with a dongle unless they worked away

Comment

I was just throwing another option in the pot, I don't know if Slug has got Sky, Virgin, or just a phonline with a modem.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Nope, no landline. There is no cable option round here, either (Rural Surrey = Outer Mongolia for facilities. We get less for more Council Tax, how clever...), so the only way to get broadband was either as Mobile BB, or through Sky. Barely watching the channels I have, I didn't want to pay for a TV package AND broadband, hence I went mobile. I thought to get BB through Sky you still needed the BT line, which my house does not have connected.

I asked my previous question as you can get wireless routers, into which you plug your Mobile Dongle (instead of into the computer) to set up a wireless system in the house. Sorry for confusion!

Comment

This may be an option Getting Signal with Vodafone K3520 External Aerial Setup - 3G forum : your 3G community and resource.

Comment

I thought you legally had to have a cooling off period for anything sold to you in your home?

Comment

Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post
                I asked my previous question as you can get wireless routers, into which you plug your Mobile Dongle (instead of into the computer) to set up a wireless system in the house. Sorry for confusion!
                Hi Slug,
                If I am not mistaken, your dongle is a receiver & the router is a transmitter (I think) but you need a phone line to run the router via a modem.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X