No announcement yet.

Trick or Treat?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wasn't halloween a pagan festival - originally? all hallows.. i know the bobbin' for apples has been around for hundreds of years. the kids loved that tonight - got completely soaked - when they started a water fight!

Comment

I had sweeties ready and all the lights on in front of the house but no trick or treaters turned up.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
        Read on a bit, and it mentions it being 4th Nov in Yorkshire
        Yeh.......Dummy me notice after I posted...must remember to read everything first......
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
          no trick or treaters turned up.
          None here either, though plenty of teenage screaming around 8pm (as per usual).

It was a really foggy damp night, I think that put a lot of people off wandering the streets
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

We went out at 6pm but just as we were leaving the house 2 little girls (4 and 6ish) came round (on their own, no parent!) shaking plastic tubs asking for money. No "trick or treat" from them. If they'd been more polite then I might have run back into the house quickly to get them some freshly baked cookies, but as they'd forgotten their manners they got nowt!

Mrs J

Comment

Our youngest grandson will be pleased we had no visitors, I'd told him he could only eat one of the Halloween sweeties because I needed then for trick or treat.
              So now the fangs, blood eyes and pumpkin jellies have gone into their sweetie jar.

Comment

I can't stand trick or treat, it's just irritating. We used to go out or pretend we were out
                But the little brats seem to sense you are in so we now give out a few cheap sweets; it's the easier option
                Whatever happened to dancing naked round an apple tree, or similar Old English traditions?
                Miserable Old Bugger? Yes.

Comment

Links not working Brengirl
                  WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

No trick or treaters here. I got a few things in just in the off chance the neighbours son & friends turned up (I sounded like a crabbit mare in my earlier post) The flooding up here stopped any trick or treaters - Belford Road was blocked and the police had to open the Nevis (pedestrian) bridge to traffic. Anyone living north of Inverlochy was trapped if the bridge had remained shut. I ended up with a few drookit climbing buds of my hubby - they dossed down in the living room, living room now smells of Macallan

Comment

Originally posted by geoff View Post
                      I can't stand trick or treat, it's just irritating. We used to go out or pretend we were out
                      But the little brats seem to sense you are in so we now give out a few cheap sweets; it's the easier option
                      Whatever happened to dancing naked round an apple tree, or similar Old English traditions?
                      Miserable Old Bugger? Yes.
                      As children we used to duck for apples in water or try to get one by biting it as it hung on a string - parents would put small coins in the apples.

We knew it by the name of Snap-Apple-Night.

As someone said on another thread, Halloween is a special day for a long time - it was the last day of the Celtic year, so today - 1st November, is the first day of the new year, and the first day of Winter.

So - Happy New Year everybody.
                      My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Brengirl please have another go with the photo links, being nosy we do need to see what you were going to show us.

Comment

Brengirl have you got the pics saved on your pc?
                          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

We had a great evening.I took the kiddies around our neighbourhood at about 5:00.We only knock on decorated houses & the excitement for them every time they saw a lit pumkin was priceless.(although one house had the pumpkins & other decs...saw the kiddies through their window & turned away & carried on watching telly...they obviously don't understand the pumpkin rule?
                            We then went to a friends house for a party & had another go at begging sweeties!
                            Second time round there were Daisy & Ash & their two similarly aged friends & also four teens...all very polite.Just because there are some anti social yoofs about...who actually are more than capable of anti social behaviour any night of the week...shouldn't mean the friendly well mannered majority shouldn't be allowed one night of harmless fun...so long as the "no pumkin=no knocking"rule is applied.
                            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I have tried and tried and tried. My first problem was to find the URL/location. Easier said then done in Windows Live. Next problem was size and Two_Sheds gave me some tips. Apparently in Vista this is not where it should be but I think I found it and reduced the size to small. I know I am doing something wrong but for the life of me cannot sort it.
                              I got up this morning in a good mood in spite of the rain but I now feel like throwing things!

Comment

Brengirl if you can save the pics to your pc and pm me - (I'm using vista too and managed it) I can talk you through it.
                                Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X