What do you do when you can't sleep?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rhona View Post
    Hmmm...interesting. I do eat tons of fruit and veg, especially tomatoes! I drink at least three litres of water a day, and with babies waking all hours, no excess alcohol at the moment either!

I did train as a ballet dancer and my feet are fairly kn*ckered from that. Don't know if that could be a factor. I do know that being pregnant gave me the most horrific crampy legs! I discovered the bestest cure ever as a result - tonic water with Quinnine. A muscle relaxant apparently - definately did the trick.
    Ah of course, I forgot to mention that. You can also get quinine tablets if you suffer chronically. Of course, it's the perfect excuse to prescribe yourself a G&T before bed!
    Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
    Snadger - Director of Poetry
    RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
    Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
    Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
    piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

This is a family forum, and i cannot say but will whisper it to you when I see you xx
      Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

say no more!..
        hot chocolate and make a list about what is bothering u.

Comment

Well, here I am, can't sleep so having a quick look through the posts and will then read some more to see if that works. Got bad sciatica at the moment so the minute I lay down the pain starts so I listen to a lot of World Service.
          It looks as if everyone else has managed to get some sleep!!!
          Sue

Comment

When I cant sleep I try and name (botanical) all the plants in my garden that start with 'A' then 'B' etc.
            or
            I build my perfect den! goes like this, picture in my minds eye a little wooden shack, with big shutters to shut out the world. then I start to furnish it.... lovely pot belly stove in the corner, big warm rugs, candles, etc.....
            Sometimes I will mentally furnish my lovely (in my dreams) 40foot sailing boat, I see myself go into boat yard for meeting with trimmers and choose fabric for berths etc.
            Just go into your own make believe world! Bit like OliieMartin suggests with the well!

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
              ...then I start to furnish it.... lovely pot belly stove in the corner, big warm rugs, candles, etc.....
              Bit like OliieMartin suggests with the well!
              My well never had a stove or rugs in it, it's cold and dark...

Might have to have another go at that one tonight....hmmm...I'm thinking log fire, oak panelling...I'm going to pimp-my-well!
              Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
              Snadger - Director of Poetry
              RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
              Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
              Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
              piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Oh dear OM .....dark scary places wells!
                Its about creating a place to go, as you said. I thought you looked in the well to see nice things...not cold and dark!!!!
                I looked down a well in my old village once ....completely freaked me out - soooo deep, over 80ft! that gave me nightmares! go for the log fire and paneling but leave the well bit out. Create a nice calm safe place to sleep and go there when you cant sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue View Post
                  Well, here I am, can't sleep so having a quick look through the posts and will then read some more to see if that works. Got bad sciatica at the moment so the minute I lay down the pain starts so I listen to a lot of World Service.
                  It looks as if everyone else has managed to get some sleep!!!
                  Sue
                  Hope it gets better soon Sue. You have my sympathies. Know what you mean. I listen to Drew and Dexter snoring and Crosby and Ramsey purring!
                  Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X