X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alice View Post
    Well you've had a charmed life if you believe that

Of course I dont!

Far worse things happen all the time, try reading my earlier post?
    However we were just having a little laugh about a bad hair day, better I think than dwelling on the fact that my friend is dying dont ya think?

SN I do hope your mum recovers soon, agree with Sarz, take her to the GP ASAP
    Last edited by FionaH; 26-10-2009, 10:34 PM.
    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
      Well you've had a charmed life if you believe that
      Everything is proportional. One person's bad hair is another's Battle of the Somme. Doesn't matter how bad things get in my life, I can still be annoyed at having bad hair!

(That said, im sure it was just an hyperbole)
      Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
      Snadger - Director of Poetry
      RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
      Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
      Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
      piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Our holiday (did you miss me?) started badly.
        1) ferry delayed 4 hours due to being asked to hang around by the IoW looking for a person-overboard (from another ship) leading to having to find a hotel instead of getting to destination same day
        2) finally arrived to find solar panels stolen and batteries VERY flat!
        3) puncture on the way to buy food

After that everything got a lot better!
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Do you know, life never chucks us something that can't be handled somehow or other i think. And if we can laugh about 'bad hair days' then i think that's good for the soul....and saves us getting really upset about the 'big' stuff.

anyways, a huge thanks to you all for all your wishes (and apologies for hijacking this thread - just needed some support i think).

good news on both fronts - saw mum for most of today and she is definately a lot better.....and the wee lamb/sheep lived through the night, the vet came out this morning and gave her some drugs and this afternoon she is sitting up a bit and eating some hay....next 48 hours will tell if she's gonna make it or not.

so all in all progress all round...AND hubby got home from work early and when i got back from visiting mum he had mucked out 3 stables AND made the tea.........

so thanks fellow grapes - for just being there! x

Comment

Originally posted by Scottishnewbie View Post

so all in all progress all round...AND hubby got home from work early and when i got back from visiting mum he had mucked out 3 stables AND made the tea.........

so thanks fellow grapes - for just being there! x
            Wow! cherish that man! Do you hire him out?
            Glad your Mum is feeling better hon

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
              Wow! cherish that man! Do you hire him out?
              Glad your Mum is feeling better hon
              thanks FH, he is a good bloke - sometimes I forget how good. Guess like most of us at one time or another!

And sorry for nicking your thread a wee bit...though it was every so lightly on the same subject!!!

should i make my way to the norty step do you think.....?

Comment

Originally posted by Scottishnewbie View Post
                thanks FH, he is a good bloke - sometimes I forget how good. Guess like most of us at one time or another!

And sorry for nicking your thread a wee bit...though it was every so lightly on the same subject!!!

should i make my way to the norty step do you think.....?
                No worries hon, and nah I shouldnt bother with the norty step, its full

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                  No worries hon, and nah I shouldnt bother with the norty step, its full
                  oh but think how much of a laugh we'd all have! Maybe I'll make my way over anyway!!!

Comment

It can't be as bad as this;
                    I am a bricklayer by trade. On the day of the accident I was working alone on the roof of a new six story building. When I completed my work, I discovered that I had about 500 lbs. of bricks left over. Rather than carry the bricks down by hand, I decided to lower them in a barrel by using a pulley which fortunately was attached to the side of the building at the sixth floor.
                    Securing the rope at ground level, I went up on the roof, swung the barrel out and loaded the brick into it. Then I went back to the ground and untied the rope, holding it tightly to insure a slow descent of the 500 lbs. of brick. You will note in block number 11 of the accident reporting form that I weigh 135 lbs. Due to my surprise at being jerked from the ground so suddenly, I lost my presence of mind and forgot to let go of the rope. Needless to say, I proceeded at a rather rapid rate up the side of the building. In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel coming down. This explains the fractured skull and broken collarbone. Slowed only slightly, I continued my rapid ascent, not stopping until the fingers of my right hand were two knuckles deep into the pulley.
                    Fortunately, by that time I had regained my presence of mind and was able to hold tightly to the rope in spite of my pain. At approximately the same time, however, the barrel of bricks hit the ground and the bottom fell out of the barrel. Devoid of the weight of the bricks, the barrel now weighed approximately 50 lbs. I refer you again to my weight in block number 11. As you might imagine, I began a rapid descent down the side of the building. In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel coming up. This accounts for the 2 fractured ankles and the lacerations of my legs and lower body.
                    The encounter with the barrel slowed me enough to lessen my injuries when I fell onto the pile of bricks and fortunately only three vertebrae were cracked. I am sorry to report, however, that as I lay there on the bricks, in some pain, unable to stand and watching the empty barrel six stories above me, I again lost my presence of mind. I LET GO OF THE ROPE!!

Zebedee
                    "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

Cheers Zeb.........you've made my day............although I do appologise for laughing.
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Oh my, I hope that was a made up story? Or you have Tramadol?

Hugs to all who need them. If you need to cuddle an exmoor, Fi, just ask. x

Comment

Great one Zeb - it makes me laugh every time I hear that one (Gerard Hoffnung I think - and it finishes 'I respectfully request sick leave')
                          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                            Great one Zeb - it makes me laugh every time I hear that one (Gerard Hoffnung I think - and it finishes 'I respectfully request sick leave')
                            Yeah, absolutely brilliant, isn't it?

Zebedee
                            "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

That one's been done to music (I think by the Coors), about "why Paddy's not at work today". Brilliant!
                              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Do you mean this one?
                                YouTube - The Bricklayer's Lament - by Gerard Hoffnung

or this one

YouTube - Noel Murphy - Murphy and the Bricks (Pat Cooksey)
                                The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                                Brian Clough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X