No announcement yet.

Got to get better....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thought it was Dexter not Fifi DDL? The lengths owners will go to be liked by their pets... Honestly!

Good news and fingers crossed your friend comes home on Monday.

Big hugs to both you Fi and you Bernie.
    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
      thought it was Dexter not Fifi DDL? The lengths owners will go to be liked by their pets... Honestly!

Good news and fingers crossed your friend comes home on Monday.

Big hugs to both you Fi and you Bernie.
      Off to the norty step for you my boy! Thanks for making me laugh!
      DDL goes off to find headscarf.......................DH says it doesnt look that bad, but he's being kind!
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Did you have a good meal on Thursday? Sorry I couldn't make it. What with work and all.........
        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

was wondering how long it would take you to spot that Use it as an opertunity to go radical and try that colour you always wanted to but not had the conviction to try perhaps? That way you can say that you always wanted to try so and so hair colour.
          Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
            was wondering how long it would take you to spot that Use it as an opertunity to go radical and try that colour you always wanted to but not had the conviction to try perhaps? That way you can say that you always wanted to try so and so hair colour.
            Steve, it looks ***** awful! I look like Ive had an accident with a hair colour which doesnt match mine! Strewth! Going to join a nunnery till I can get it sorted!
            Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
              Steve, it looks ***** awful! I look like Ive had an accident with a hair colour which doesnt match mine! Strewth! Going to join a nunnery till I can get it sorted!
              There is very little worse than a bad hair cut/colour Best of luck getting it sorted.

Yep its looking like my friend will be home Monday thanks goodness!
              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                There is very little worse than a bad hair cut/colour Best of luck getting it sorted.

Yep its looking like my friend will be home Monday thanks goodness!
                Thanks hunny. Hairdressers shut today so at 9am pront tomorrow I shall be ringing her. At least my boss has said I can have tomorrow pm off to go and get it sorted.
                Bernie aka DDL

Comment

worst couple of days in a long time for me...went to visit 76 yr old mum yesterday and when we arrived my sister met me at the door and said "oh i thought you were the ambulance"! suspected fractured or borken hip...she was screaming in agony - in my 46 years of life i have NEVER heard her yell out in pain.

Then today, after watching my friends horse, sheep, dog, cat and chickens for two weeks, i go up the field this afternoon to check on her sheep to find one horribly and i mean horribly tangled in the sheep netting. her sheep have horns and it was so tangled i had to cut it free. think it had been like that for quite a while.

made a bed for it in her field shelter but just went to check on it and it's making that horrible death rattle breathing noise. dont know what to do for the best.

they're due back around midnight tonight....some welcome for her eh!

i feel like going into a corner and crying

Comment

Poor you! Makes my bad hair do pale into insignificance (wish it would really!). Big HUGS from me and Dexy.
                    Love Bernie and Dexter
                    Bernie aka DDL

Comment

thanks Bernie, you couldnt come (hair and all) and tell me what to do for the best could you? South Ribble to Fife cant take more than about 10 hours!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scottishnewbie View Post
                        thanks Bernie, you couldnt come (hair and all) and tell me what to do for the best could you? South Ribble to Fife cant take more than about 10 hours!!!!
                        If I could I would. Presumably your Mum in hospital and being looked after. How is your Mum?

As for the sheep, do vets come out to see sheep, or could you ask a local farmer, just to check?
                        Bernie aka DDL

Comment

I have seen bernies hair with my own eyes, its like fifi the flowertots hair.......mind you it complimented her dressing gown very nicely, a type of pinky hyacinth.......AND I am already making my way to the norty step!
                          Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
                            If I could I would. Presumably your Mum in hospital and being looked after. How is your Mum?

As for the sheep, do vets come out to see sheep, or could you ask a local farmer, just to check?
                            OH just gone to check sheep.......I was too scared. Told my pal to call me on her way home - which she has done so I've explained so she doesnt get too much of a shock when she gets home.

As for Mum, cant even begin to tell you how awful some of our hospitals are nowadays. We had to ask 3 times for more morphine for her - they were "awfully busy". The today they decided that she didnt have a hairline fracture and they SENT HER HOME with a zimmer and strong painkillers. She lives alone! Told her they'd send a physio in "about a week" and to "take it easy". She wasnt even out the door when they had her bed made up ready for someone else.

Then THEY MADE IT UP AGAIN! Can you believe that? What a waste of time, effort and money! Talk about right hand doesnt know what left hand is doing!

And all the while my poor mum is in blooming agony and they wouldnt even do a scan cos there was "nothing conclusive" on the x-rays.

It makes my blood boil....sorry for rant!

And pink hair will be lovely Bernie - its what's on the inside that counts - pink hair is cool!

Comment

Get onto her GP a.s.a.p SN, they should be able to arrange for social services/nursing team to assess her for immediate help, and, have more weight in insisting she's re-admitted if necessary.
                              Have a (((((hug))))) from me, and my thought are with your poor mum (and the sheep, but slightly less so)

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                                There is very little worse than a bad hair cut/colour Best of luck getting it sorted
                                Well you've had a charmed life if you believe that

Scottishnewbie, I do hope your Mum will be on the road to recovery. How awful for her. And yes, I do know about the lack of basic care that passes for nursing now.
                                My best wishes to you and your Mum. Alice x

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X