Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone carving a pumpkin this Halloween?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've grown just the one pumpkin especially to carve ( would have been more but the slugs got them!) and was going to suggest pics from everyone of their scary efforts. I'd love to see everyone's Halloween monsters and what they used to carve them into. All up for it then?
    Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

What do you think to these, I really wish they were mine but alas there not...so much detail has gone onto them, they must have taken hours to carve.

Comment

Is this standard we have to meet? Oh dear!
        Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

My daughter made this pumpkin with her dad and won first prize at school halloween party last night!!
          Attached Files

Comment

I love the design. I saw a couple like that when i was searching for ideas for mine, but that's the best! I love the expression on the little one.
            Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
            Snadger - Director of Poetry
            RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
            Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
            Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
            piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by ginger ninger View Post
              What do you think to these, I really wish they were mine but alas there not...so much detail has gone onto them, they must have taken hours to carve.
              First one is the best! Last one is a fake pic - far too lifelike to be real (IMHO)

Originally posted by petal View Post
              My daughter made this pumpkin with her dad and won first prize at school halloween party last night!!
              That's excellent - deservedly the winner!
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Wow, didn't realise that so many people did pumpkins. Never encoutered it at all until a few years ago and had assumed it was just another US influence but it sounds like a fair few of you have been doing it for years. To be honest, haloween is something which has always just passed me by and something that really got on my nerves a few years ago as we seemed to get a spate of teenagers coming round demanding money with menaces for a couple of weeks before (MIL was particulary put out after some pretty big lads in scary masks turned up after dark and shouted trick or treat at her in a threatening manner) but thankfully that seems to have died out now.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Ive grown just one whopper this year and have given it to my 5 year old niece. She has been practising drawing faces on paper. I cant wait to see the final product!
                  Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

My grandchildren (7 and 3 years) will be carving I hope - I grew a good sized one for them and have a smaller one for myself (to be cooked if I can find a nice recipe).
                    Last edited by maytreefrannie; 25-10-2009, 10:33 AM. Reason: spelling
                    My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by maytreefrannie View Post
                      My grandchildren (7 and 3 years) will be carving I hope - I grew a good sized one for them and have a smaller one for myself (to be cooked if I can find a nice recipe).
                      Snap MTF - my daughter's children are having the good sized one and I'm going to carve the little one for myself. The deal is that my daughter cooks something with the innards!
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Some charming individual(s) are carving the pumpkins grown by my fellow plotholders, sadly not the plotholders who grew them.

I don't grow pumpkins and remove all my squashes as soon as the leaves wilt making them visible.
                        Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
                        Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
                        I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X