Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone carving a pumpkin this Halloween?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
    No pressure there then!! I could send you a Crown Prince if you run into trouble.
    We have our very own crown prince.

Thanks for the offer - but it'd cost a fortune to send anyways. Very kind.

I have a Chicago Warted Hubbard, but:

a) we're hoping to eat it
    b) you need a chainsaw to get into it apparently
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
      We have our very own crown prince.

Thanks for the offer - but it'd cost a fortune to send anyways. Very kind.
      You're welcome, can't have the Bean pumpkinless on Halloween can we

Comment

YES!

I need to find myself a prospective wife and then invite them on a pumpkin-carving date!
        I'm not one to do something ordinary on a date like 'go for drinks' or 'eat out'.
        Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
        Snadger - Director of Poetry
        RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
        Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
        Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
        piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

I too will be carving a pumpkin, one bought from the supermarket though as the one I have grown is not big enough to bother with and not ripe yet so it is staying on the plant for now.

Thanks for the reminder to get the deccies out of the in-law's loft and onto the house at the weekend Wayne

*note to self - take a piccy this year!
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

Ooooh, is anyone else sensing a 'Grow Your Own - Virtual Pumpkin Carving Competition'?

Sarz and zazen will likely refuse to set up the voting system. But I vote we do it!
            Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
            Snadger - Director of Poetry
            RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
            Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
            Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
            piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Hasn't it crept up quick this year!
              We always carve a pumpkin,although I'm not sure what to do this year as we'll be out.I'll probably have it outside ours & then take it with us.(I don't want kiddies getting excited when they see a house with pumpkin only to find nobody in!)
              Did anyone see the chap on telly the other day(either GMTV or The one show?),He carves celebrities faces...very bizarre but still pretty impressive.
              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
                Ooooh, is anyone else sensing a 'Grow Your Own - Virtual Pumpkin Carving Competition'?

Sarz and zazen will likely refuse to set up the voting system. But I vote we do it!
                I thought about suggesting that, but then decided as I probably wouldn't enter it'd be a bit daft to suggest it.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I love carving pumpkins, I don't have kids but I still pop one in the window, my friends little girl comes and helps me, we make pumpkin shaped buisquits and green buns with blood icing.
                  What a good idea Ollie, count me in.
                  Last edited by ginger ninger; 22-10-2009, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Doesn't have to be a competition,just a thread sharing our Masterpieces!
                    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                      ,He carves celebrities faces...very bizarre but still pretty impressive.
                      I think most most pumpkins look a bit like Tom Cruise anyway. The manic grin/intense eyes/feeling that he's actually not human.

I suspect it's just me.

http://blogs.watoday.com.au/lifestyl...cruise-600.jpg
                      I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Last year and I hope to this year, I dressed up a a witch, fab green nails, broomstick, full witchy make up! so when the kiddies call - they get the fright Kids loved it! (me too)
                        We have a great code in our village... pumpkin outside means kiddies are welcome to knock!

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
                          Last year and I hope to this year, I dressed up a a witch, fab green nails, broomstick, full witchy make up! so when the kiddies call - they get the fright Kids loved it! (me too)
                          We have a great code in our village... pumpkin outside means kiddies are welcome to knock!
                          I always fancied getting up as Drusilla from 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' to freak out our neighbours kids. Blindfolded dollies and all!!

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                            No no. Just doing my public service bit.
                            I'll get a bit more alcohol in then- for treatment of shock...I'm more than happy to do my bit too!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I used to be really rather good at dressing up - back when I worked at the Chicago Rock Cafe. We'd dress up for almost any occasion - Christmas, Halloween, Independence Day, New Years...

We had a competition each time and of the 5 I entered I won 4 (I was denied the 5th as it was getting ridiculous).

In my time I dressed up as Clint Eastwood, Abe Lincoln, an American Footballer, Frankenstein and Death. I dressed as t'Grim Reaper one New Years eve - a friend had a floor length (he was as tall as me) hooded gown which I borrowed and one of the girls made my face up. On that night it was particularly hot in the club, so we had to open all the doors to allow some air circulation - given that it was extra busy they didn't have enough door staff to cover the doors, so asked if I would look after one of the now open firec escapes. I remember one chap trying to get in this door and I poked my head round the corner - I think he had a change of trouser moment.

I really fancy dressing up as Michael Myers (from eth Halloween films), but fear that given the size of me I'd properly scare some kids knocking at the door.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I always like the Wednesday Addams line as she stands there in her own clothes ready to go to a Hallowe'en party; "I'm going as a psychotic killer...they look like everyone else."

Years and years ago, me and then boyf held a huge Rocky Horror Hallowe'en party, which many drag queens attended. One of them - dressed as Terence Stamp from Priscilla with full plumage - broke a collarbone falling off a table (it was one of those parties) and I'll never forget the sight of fourteen drunken drag queens flagging down the ambulance and trying to all cram into the back with their injured friend.

A&E must have been lively when they all arrived!
                                I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X