No announcement yet.

Tea, Coffee or Something Else

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First drink of the day is a milky coffee, made for me every single day for the last 26 years by my lovely hubby. Then for rest of the day, Vimto - hot or cold.
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

A weak solution of lime juice and water at all times of the day!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
        First drink of the day is a milky coffee, made for me every single day for the last 26 years by my lovely hubby. Then for rest of the day, Vimto - hot or cold.
        Vimto.....................an anagram of Vomit.
        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
        Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
          You see I don't understand your mentality there, but if it worked for you, well done.
          I'm not a fussy eater, but if I don't like/enjoy something, I'll just avoid it. I once considered making myself like beer (hard to feel like a real man when you have two older brothers who tease you about not liking it), but I just couldn't convince myself that it was nice.
          Not sure why I'd want to start enjoying coffee, unless I was trapped in a life-or-death situation where the only way to survive was to drink coffee!
          I guess constantly being made to feel like a kid asking for a cold drink when at the time I was trying to prove I was all grown up played a part!

Many tastes we have now were aquired when we were littl'ns,so is spending a week or two adjusting our taste buds in adult life that far removed from being a kid,encouraged to try new flavours?

The one I don't understand is people aquiring a taste for expensive wines...why not just carry on enjoying the one's that are kinder to the purse strings?
          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
            Vimto.....................an anagram of Vomit.
            Lol..................
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Whatever's put in front of me.
              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                Whatever's put in front of me.
                oh you're such a boy aren't you - don't you know where the kettle is
                aka
                Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                  oh you're such a boy aren't you - don't you know where the kettle is
                  You boil alcohol!?
                  A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                    You boil alcohol!?
                    it has been known for me to pour boiling water on my vodka and to pour tonic over SD's teabag
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

I'm just having a nice hot "horlicks" made with milk, and 2 digestives...yum.

Comment

Tea, tea, tea Preferably builder's strength, with semi-skimmed milk and no sugar. Not even the trace of sugar off the spoon from stirring someone else's sugary tea - I always know

Occasionally, if I need a real kick up the bum in a morning, I have hot chocolate with half a teaspoon of coffee mixed in, works a treat

Other than that, I drink Sprite/lemonade when out, and rarely touch alcomofrol.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                          Occasionally, if I need a real kick up the bum in a morning, I have hot chocolate with half a teaspoon of coffee mixed in, works a treat
                          Oh, oh, you just reminded me: I ran out of milk once and had a black coffee topped with Coke. Was nice
                          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                            Oh, oh, you just reminded me: I ran out of milk once and had a black coffee topped with Coke. Was nice
                            Eeew!
                            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                              Occasionally, if I need a real kick up the bum in a morning, I have hot chocolate with half a teaspoon of coffee mixed in, works a treat .
                              I have to agree this is very nice SarzWix, I don't have a lot of these or I'd be buzzing all day

Comment

I usually have a milky coffee with one sugar in the morning. I get heartburn at night if I have two. It's nice with a bit of Baileys on the weekend.

Usually the afternoon drink is Twining's morning blend, white, no sugar. Sometimes we switch to clipper for a change. Or Lapsang Souchong.

When I'm being an angel, I drink green or white tea, cherry and cinnamon, strawberry and mango, blackcurrant vanilla and ginseng, or just plain filtered water.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X