No announcement yet.

Madness! Absolute madness!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was hit by a car turning left a good few years ago.

I was in one of the green head-start areas for bikes at a red light. I'm pretty quick off the mark but that day it didn't help... some daft cow in a 4x4 floored it past me and cut across my front. I hit the side of the car and she didn't so much as stop. I was too stunned and glad to be upright and alive (if a little sore and scared) to even think of getting her number plate - not that I imagine it would do much good.

I'm starting to think that when the inevitable happens and I end up out on bikes again I'll get a couple of those small video cameras (about the size of a small torch) and record my rides.

I'm no fan of the ambulance chasers either, but as you said, TS, the authorities aren't on the side of riders - cars have to be treated like a direct and deliberate threat and the only way I can see to stop that is increasing the number of civil court cases brought against drivers who couldn't be a**ed looking out for bikes.

That or stick to the courier classic of a D-Lock through the window... truth be told I've had far fewer incidents on the road when acting like I own it than trying to share it. There's probably something in that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X